Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did your Broadband installation go?

• 13-05-2005 7:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭

I'm just asking this to try and see if I was just very unlucky that in the 2 broadband connections I had installed (different houses, different ISP) went pear-shaped. I can't possibly get an accurate idea from the current threads in these forums as they all seem to be complaining and never praising

So how did your broadband installation go? Did all your equipment arrive within (reasonable) time and was your installation pain free or was your whole ordeal a nightmare that required you to chase the tech support around looking for answers?

BTW: I don't want any stories about what happened, I'd just appreciate it if you answered the poll and maybe post up what you voted.

Were you satified with your Broadband installation? 53 votes

Yes - Everything arrived on time and I've been laughing since
    0% 0 votes
    Yes - but the equipment arrived slightly overdue
    75% 40 votes
    No - The equipment was very late and Sales didnt help me
    15% 8 votes
    No - The equipment was very very late and it was a pain setting up (having trouble for ages)
    9% 5 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

I voted last option - it took 3 months for router to arrive, and endless problems (Esat BT).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

Slight delay with the modem from UTV - I asked about the possiblity of using my own gear, then decided to use theirs, but they misunderstood, and didn't send the modem initially. A phone call sorted it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I don't know what you're trying to capture as the installation and the service are two different things. I incidently voted the first one as that applies to my Eircom installation. My IBB installation was done on time and professionally but I've had a lot of troubles with the service, and there's no option for that in your poll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

ive had bb installed twice now and switching from eircom to esat took so long i couldnt be bothered doing it again a month+ without bb was hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

Got BB from utv last month. Install was no problem, but then started getting the strangest problem ever! From exactly 7am on tuesdays to 3.30pm on fridays the connection was down (utv verified this) even though we had sync on the router. We were joking that some guy down the exchange was using our connection for his laptop ;)

My flatmate sorted out, took about 10+ calls, min. 30 mins on hold for each one. Connection's working now, touch wood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

took the last one, eircom wasn't even planning me to send the router until I started calling them 5 times a day everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

I got my NTL in fine but had to get them to come back out a while back because the guy didnt install a second point the first time. Otherwise I've had a perfect BB service from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

We got NTL when it first highly publicised in Sep, just a week after we ordered. No problem with appointment ie. the technician dropped by the same day we agreed. Except at the wrong time, he agreed to come over after 2pm but turned up at 10am. Anyhow, luckily we had a mate over to wait for whole day. Other than that, it sorted well.

Before we had NTL, we went with Netsource for a year. Self-install, the splitter came in the post after two weeks as promised. We bought our modem ourselves from it direct. No hassle!

p/s : Just comparing, from 512kbps (netsource) to 3mpbs (ntl)... i can't think of the idea going back... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Judging by those results it seems that the competance of ISP's in Ireland isn't what its sometimes made out to be in these forums!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

Judging by those results it seems that the competance of ISP's in Ireland isn't what its sometimes made out to be in these forums!
    I agree, but how many people would actually start a thread to highlight a good installation?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

A few years ago I got Netsource, they said it would be all working in 10 days. It was setup in just three. BTW it was a self install.

I have recently gotten NTL installed, they arrived at the agreed time and date and did a great job. Other then the installer forgot to give me my flash light back :(

BTW A nce touch from NTL was that they sent me a text message the day before the install to remind me of the install the next day :)

Advertisement