Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson and MIDI files...

Options
  • 13-05-2005 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭

OK just upgraded to a t630...nice phone....but while moving all my crap across from the old Nokia (via IR) I discovereds that it wouldn't allow me to move my ringtones. Pictures and all that were no prob but MIDI tones just failed.
    So I go to the site I use for free tones to find the few I actually use....d/led them, go to play em and...nada.
    I assume this is yet more Sony copy protection BS....
    I've looked at the MIDI file details and while some of them are protected most of them are not, yet the phone won't play them (though they still use memory).
    I don't want to be restricted to the tones the phone came with, but I REFUSE point blank to pay through the nose for a f**king 20 second sound clip.

Is there any work around? I've not tried d/ling them on the comp and uploading the the phone yet (no BT connection or cable). Or am I stuck with the preloaded (which in fairness aren't the worst I've heard)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

what network is the t630 on?
    has it got network branding? i know some phones have features disabled by the network to make you use wap and BUY the tones.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

as a matter of interest what site do you use for those midi files? sorry can't help with your problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

It's on O2 and it's got some branding (screensaver and start up image) and the usual menu of WAP sites...but it seems to have the original firmware...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

I have a o2 T630 and it plays any MIDI I throw at it (via bluetooth and FLOAT).

I have Kraftwerk "the model" as my message tone...

Yeah...This all seems very strange. I've been searching around since I read your post and this does not seem to be an issue on T630 phones! Wonder if the phone is ok?

• Advertisement

kasintahan wrote:
    I have a o2 T630 and it plays any MIDI I throw at it (via bluetooth and FLOAT).

I have Kraftwerk "the model" as my message tone...

Ah....maybe it's just from the IR port or something....but can't think why it won't play one d/led via WAP.
    I checked out the Sony Ericsson site from the phone's bowser and d/led a MIDI from there....works fine. Strange...

[edit] from the My Sounds menu I tried to access the ones I d/led via WAP...when I highlight them the "More" option doesn't show, where it does with all the other tones. Could it be anything to do with how the phone names the files? It's stored these as _1, _2, etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Dunno - get bluetooth and FLOAT (free).

Remote control PC!, browse PC files, play music etc from your phone!

kasintahan wrote:
    Dunno - get bluetooth and FLOAT (free).

Remote control PC!, browse PC files, play music etc from your phone!

Hmm...nice. Looks like it's USB dongle time... :D

Think Aldi are doing one at the moment
    Float's mobile agent here..... http://fma.sourceforge.net/

Advertisement