Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pocket PC SIP client

Options
  • 13-05-2005 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a SIP client for Pocket PC 2003? Specifically for XDA 2. I've tried SJPhone but it just doesn't seem to get off the ground. First of all it had problems trying to resolve the STUN server's host/domain name. When I popped in the IP address, it just seemed to timeout when detecting the NAT/firewall settings. I can browse using Internet Explorer so there's no problem with IP connectivity. It seems to be around this particular application. I can't find any alternative, free clients. XTen have one but it's a €25 and I don't want to shell out in case there's some other factor that I haven't considered.

So if anyone has got a working XDA/SIP client combination, I'd be grateful for any testimonies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭medO

Have you tried ? http://www.xten.com/index.php?menu=products&smenu=xproppc

You could always e-mail them and ask if it will run on your platform before buying it. Then if it doesn't - money back please!

medO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Thanks MedO. I'd have no hesitation shelling out as it is for PocketPC 2003 but I'm just wondering if I'm having some other problem. Might be that I'm connecting via ActiveSync rather than directly with a WiFi card. My mate's getting a WiFi SDIO card so I'll try SJPhone again with that when it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Well unbeknownst to me my brothers bought me a wifi adapter for my XDA and I can confirm that SJPhone works fine with Blueface's service.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

http://www.sjlabs.com/sjp.html Works fine with my Hp5550 and blueface.

Advertisement