Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Disc not recognised.." Jade Empire SE

Options
  • 13-05-2005 10:34pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭

Jade Empire edition - neither disc, (normal or special edition bonus disc) will boot - xbox gives the dash and a message saying "Your xbox does not recognise this disc, please check that it is an xbox game, DVD, blah blah"

Anyone else ever get this?

I tried cleaning both discs and all my other games including Pariah (new) work fine..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,391 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Jade Empire edition - neither disc, (normal or special edition bonus disc) will boot - xbox gives the dash and a message saying "Your xbox does not recognise this disc, please check that it is an xbox game, DVD, blah blah"

Anyone else ever get this?

I tried cleaning both discs and all my other games including Pariah (new) work fine..
    could it be the lazer in the xbox

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I hope not - i replaced the drive myself not too long ago - the original developed a fault. So its only about 3 months old - If there was a prob with the laser, it would be a problem for all no?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

could it be the lazer in the xbox

I'd agree. I've the same problem with KOTOR on my machine. Takes a few resets to start it running.

Yea? I'm going to try it on a mate's xbox in the morning and see the result of that. Its strange that a new drive would do that for just one particular disc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

have you contacted Xbox support ? There is a known issue with the Jade Emipre Ltd Edition bonus disc and some consoles. There are no known issues with the regular game disc.

• Advertisement

After rebooting quite a numbr of times it finally worked. I haven't gone back to it since. I played it for an hour then copped i never loaded the bonus disc which i think adds things to the game doesn't it? I should probably go back to the start once I put the bonus disc in. I should also read the manual..But its all the way downstairs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

the bonus disc unlocks a character (Monk Zheng) and a fighting style. there's a video no the disc about the making of jade empire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

I hope not - i replaced the drive myself not too long ago - the original developed a fault. So its only about 3 months old - If there was a prob with the laser, it would be a problem for all no?
    It's very strange that you've had faults with two DVD drives in such a short space of time. Is your xbox in a dusty environment? (have a look at the fan vent for dirt and dust or open the box) 'cos that would screw the laser too. If that isnt the problem then check the manufacturer of the DVD drive, you could have got a crappy Thompson drive which are notoriously rubbish at reading certain CDs and DVDs, in that case there's not much you can do.

Got it working after about 15 reboots. Pain in the ass. The first drive went after 2 years of flat out gaming - fan of RPGs - morrowind and kotor and the like had the thing on for 12/13 hours straight often.
    Second drive is not a thompson I dont think. The thing that bugs me though is the fact that ALL my other games are fine as are DVDs, DVD-Rs, CDs and CD-Rs...

Advertisement