Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

refund from paypal

Options
  • 13-05-2005 10:57pm

hi i am looking for a refund from paypal for an item i didnt receive. i am still waiting to claim my money back as the 10 days wait is up today (the 13th) and there is still no response from the seller. do they wait until the end of the 13th in pst time to award your refund or what??

could anyone previously in the same boat tell me the procedure.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭themessiah

If you bought the product from Ebay , I would hold fire for now . Request the contact details of the seller from Ebay . Get his telephone number and give him a ring . As postage in this country is off the wall at the minute - 3 weeks for 2 parcel from UK Powerseller which send them by First Class Airmail.

If it feels dodgy open a dispute resolution its on the bottom left of your ebay taskbar and go from there.

However if you did not pay from Ebay etc and used paypal to pay individual you can open up a dispute on the resolution section and fill in the details.

However it want be fast . Paypal will take up to 30 days to look at your claim before they will even make a decision on the matter on whether to refund you .

However there is a quicker option (not recommended do) if you think you have been scammed. If you havn't paid your credit card bill ring them up and cancel the paypal payment directly . Worked for me with my BarclayCard Ireland just put it down as suspected fraud and they will cancel it . ((P.S this will always speed up Paypal response as they dont like loosing money"!!!!!)

themessiah wrote:
    If you bought the product from Ebay , I would hold fire for now . Request the contact details of the seller from Ebay . Get his telephone number and give him a ring . As postage in this country is off the wall at the minute - 3 weeks for 2 parcel from UK Powerseller which send them by First Class Airmail.

If it feels dodgy open a dispute resolution its on the bottom left of your ebay taskbar and go from there.

However if you did not pay from Ebay etc and used paypal to pay individual you can open up a dispute on the resolution section and fill in the details.

However it want be fast . Paypal will take up to 30 days to look at your claim before they will even make a decision on the matter on whether to refund you .

However there is a quicker option (not recommended do) if you think you have been scammed. If you havn't paid your credit card bill ring them up and cancel the paypal payment directly . Worked for me with my BarclayCard Ireland just put it down as suspected fraud and they will cancel it . ((P.S this will always speed up Paypal response as they dont like loosing money"!!!!!)

thanks. few problems though. he has been kicked off ebay. he had 25 negative feedback left within a week. and i have paid my bill. paypal have actually awarded me the dispute since but cannot debit funds from his account as he hasnt enough to pay me with. F*ck lot of good that'll do me. hope they can bug him enough to make him surrender the money in the meantime

thanks for your help anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

maybe the ebay person was that guy that got caught selling the 4k of illegal sofware ? ...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

thanks. few problems though. he has been kicked off ebay. he had 25 negative feedback left within a week. and i have paid my bill. paypal have actually awarded me the dispute since but cannot debit funds from his account as he hasnt enough to pay me with. F*ck lot of good that'll do me. hope they can bug him enough to make him surrender the money in the meantime

if so then cancel the CC payment and stuff paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

You are still OK. Your credit card company will recover the money for you whether or not you have paid the bill. Just call the fraud department, they will sort it out.

MrP

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

MrPudding wrote:
    You are still OK. Your credit card company will recover the money for you whether or not you have paid the bill. Just call the fraud department, they will sort it out.

MrP

Yes but if the credit card company does a chargeback prepare for Pay Pal to restrict your account so that you cannnot use it for purchases. i did this and awhile afterwards I got an initial notificiation from Pay Pal that there was a 'security issue' and they were limiting my account to protect me
    :rolleyes: The initial remedy they offered was to pay back the chargeback!!

And even though the seller has since been in touch with me about the return of the goods and has told me that Paypal found in my favour they have not told me this!

When this is over I will never do anything that would allow them to get even a cent off me in the future. They are blatant liars.

Advertisement