Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolution

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

:eek: Virtual reality-ish

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

File's gone. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

I think that is a fake TBH, the metroid models and mario models looked wrong, also some of the technology it demonstrates is a bit off, like the walking around the wrong to move and the camera sensor on the front of the visor. I did some work with that technology in college and it is far from being at a stage where you could put it into a cheap video console with out it being crap

... though the quality of it is very very good if it is a fake

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

This is the revolution? Pretty exciting tbh. This could make or break Nintendo. I don't know though, this kind of technology has been proven to be not that good unless Nintendo have pulled off a great design. It will certainly get a lot of hype but most of us read reviews. At least it's a genuine revolution at least on the console front. The death of Nintendoor a new era in Nintendo supremacy?

I seriosuly seriosuly doubt it's a fake. It's far too well made to be one tbh. I know what you mean about price though. Decent sterio vision goggles cost 1500-2000. How the hell can they incorporate this into a console?

-edit- on second look I don't think that is the revolution. It looks like it's a side project for those with big pockets. See the part where it points to the machine and then shows a pic of a gamecube and then a machine with a ? implying it plays cube games and another machines games. (revolution) Is there any articles on the net about this yet?

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Sounds interesting, could somebody upload it? http://www.yousendit.com/ or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I think its fake but its really well put together. The part with all the castles is the business

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

im sure they have some tricks up their sleeves, cause its safe enough to say very few people will buy a 1500-2000 euro games console

will definitely be interesting to see how this turns out

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Anywhere else I can download this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

It's fake. :) See cube.ign.com for details. Really really good fake, but the models are a bit wrong, the hype is getting strong though. Since this thread is titled revolution i'll put this here:
    In its final form, Revolution will be about the thickness of three standard DVD cases and only slightly longer. The versatile Revolution will play either horizontally or vertically, allowing the user total flexibility in setting up a gaming session wherever they have a television.

Thanks to Nintendo's hardware development partners IBM and ATI, the small system will be packed with power that will enable it to wow players with its graphics. Nintendo's legions of loyal fans will be happy to learn that Revolution will be backward compatible, playing both Nintendo GameCube 3-inch disks along with its own standard, double-layered DVD disks in the same self-loading media drive.

In the next generation, the addition of the Internet will be important to all consoles and particularly important to Nintendo. Revolution will be wireless Internet ready out of the box.

From nintendo.com

• Advertisement

aww, i was sort of looking forward to something completely new

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Wow, great video. The Mario model at the end looked a bit cack though.

Although impressive I had already read about what Kevok quoted. So the magic was ruined for me. I would have been convinced otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

grimloch wrote:
    aww, i was sort of looking forward to something completely new
    We still don't know what will be "revolutionary" about it, so there is still a chance they will wow us.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

If that isnt real then whoever made it has too much time on their hands because its done really really well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

Does anyone else feel really bad for Nintendo? They have to live up to the expectations of ****ing 3D interactive holograms, god help them if the "revolution" turns out to be anything less. Plus we probably wont know for a while after E3 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

That is awful almost all the d/l is ifs and buts and maybes there is nothing in it that looks realistic in any way. :mad:

If that's a fake then it's a very very impressive fake. Seriously too much time on his hands but a lot of talent at the same time.

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

That's pretty good, although mario did look dodgy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i know this isnt real but it still looks cool. the inside samus' helmet shot was cool but both ccharacter designs did look dodgy.

only one week!

i was most interested in the newxbox and still am amazed by it but this could be somethin cool. i just hope theres nothin like te stupid virtual boy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Kazaanova wrote:
    Does anyone else feel really bad for Nintendo? They have to live up to the expectations of ****ing 3D interactive holograms, god help them if the "revolution" turns out to be anything less.
    Lol. Too right. I feel for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

In fairness they're asking for rumours like this to start with all the cryptic comments they've made. Hopefully it'll live up to all the hype. They made similar comments about the DS before it was eventually unveiled and that didn't exactly revolutionise portable gaming like they said it would.

I suppose it is sort of their own faults. All the hype is doing is causing arguments on gaming message boards.

Can't see the Revolution living up to the hype, its not possible to do that in the gaming world. I'd love them to do it though, to prove everyone, including myself, wrong.

Does anyone else think they've picked the worst possible release date? Mid 2006 means that everyone who hasnt bought the 360, will still be saving for the PS3. Even the end of 2006 would of been better, then maybe they'd produce a better console with the extra time and have more launch games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Kazaanova wrote:
    Does anyone else think they've picked the worst possible release date? Mid 2006 means that everyone who hasnt bought the 360, will still be saving for the PS3. Even the end of 2006 would of been better, then maybe they'd produce a better console with the extra time and have more launch games.

They have set a release date? :confused:

Ciaran500 wrote:
    They have set a release date? :confused:

a few google searches say that mid 2006 is indeed the release date, i dont know if i missed something but i dont think an official date has been announced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Kazaanova wrote:
    I suppose it is sort of their own faults. All the hype is doing is causing arguments on gaming message boards.

You are right, but I guess they have to generate some kind of out there hype to take attention away from the XBox 360 and the PS3 ... poor old Nintendo :(

Just saw on Evil Avatar that the guy who made the fake video has posted a message. I think its in french and and in .jpg form, cant find a big one, heres a translation:

"It is not about it being a "fake", its about a complaint. It (the video) is an attempt to not simply stay with my arms crossed before the sickening ocean of commerciality that is affecting the industry of videogames, especially my loving Nintendo (the only company that preoccupies itself with contributing new things). Commerciality forces companies to put out new consoles every 2 or 3 years with the only intent being to erase the limits (set by current consoles) for game developers. This does not allow game developers to let their imagination run wild and delight us (the gamers) with transcendent new games".

He makes a good point about companies being forced to push out new consoles, but I don't agree with him about Nintendo. Maybe if this current gen of consoles were our for 2 or 3 more years we'd start getting innovated different games instead of a bunch of the same games and a ****LOAD of sequels with slightly better graphics.

What a load of crap tbh. It's never been any different since the advent of consoles yet dozens of classic games still come out. It's a lot harder to be original these days anyway. More powerful machines allow for more originality if anything. Look at half life 2 and the original use of physics.

BloodBath

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Its a pity the console manufacturers feel obliged to release new consoles now, the xbox and gamecube are hardly being pushed are they? As has been said are all we have to look forward to is a host of sequels with the same gameplay but slightly better graphics. We will never see a technology jusmp like the one from 16bit to 32bit, and this only leads to disappointment.
    At least Nintendo, when mining their IP catalog, generally try to do something priginal with each new media, take the new yoshi and kirby games on the DS for example, lets hope whatever the revolution has in store for us is going to lead to some equally brilliant interpretations of old favaourites, not to mention some new IPs, please!

I'd hazard a guess at some major interactivity between the DS and revolution, perhaps the controllers will have some of the features found on the handheld, once it doesn't look like a fisher-price toy again!

And we have to realise that it will take a lot of persuading to get the average hooded moron on the street to buy anything with a Nintendo logo on it. While for the old guard it stands for quality gaming at the expense of popular acceptence for the majority of younger gamers its old hat and rubbish. I feel there is a uphill battle ahead for Nintendo on this one, but it is the only next gen console I can't wait for, although I will end up buying them all!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

BloodBath wrote:
    What a load of crap tbh. It's never been any different since the advent of consoles yet dozens of classic games still come out. It's a lot harder to be original these days anyway. More powerful machines allow for more originality if anything. Look at half life 2 and the original use of physics.

That was done before in Jedi Knight 2 and even better in Psi-Ops which came out before it.

• Advertisement

Nowhere near the extend of hl2 though.

BloodBath

Advertisement