Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perfect Dark Zero

Options
  • 14-05-2005 1:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

It has been confirmed by senior Rare sources close to both projects that Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero will be available on the Xbox 360 the very first day the console launches.

Ooooooo....anyone else got anymore info on this?

The only screens I can find are pre rendered versions of Joanna....surely this close they'll have to release something soon!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Yeah i saw the screens in IGN..i wouldnt get my hopes up if i were you, they look decidedly..bland :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Yeah, anything i have seen, looks awful and totally detached from the original. Not a title to look foward to IMO. It's a shame, as it could have been a new-classic (lol?)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the orignal wasn't anything to cry home about either i thought

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Cremo wrote:
    the orignal wasn't anything to cry home about either i thought

The original was an absolute masterpiece. The multyplayer alone made the game a classic IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Original was awesome right up until Elvis showed up , then it went ****.

The 1st level will always be the best ever FPS level of all time.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Alkers

It's all over Digital Tv. The bloke from Rare was saying its going to be a prequel and the graphcs looked fairly sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

TimAy wrote:
    Yeah, anything i have seen, looks awful and totally detached from the original. Not a title to look foward to IMO. It's a shame, as it could have been a new-classic (lol?)

That'd be true if it wasn't made by Rare.

But is is.

Whatever happens, we are guaranteed a good game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Don't get your hopes up mobile infantry. The team that made both goldeneye and perfect dark have left for free radical. And since they left rare haven't made a grear game.

Rare are a shadow of their former selves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Don't get your hopes up mobile infantry. The team that made both goldeneye and perfect dark have left for free radical. And since they left rare haven't made a grear game.

Rare are a shadow of their former selves.

Exactly. It would be a great game if the title was never bought over and stayed with nintendo. Perfect Dark 1 is probably still my favourite multiplayer game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I saw the Perfect Drak Zero death match on MTV. To be honest the game didn't look great. It seems to be that this was originally destined for the XBox so it's just an upgraded current generation game. Each character model has "5,000 polygons" - that's what I would expect from this generation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

5000 polygons is a lot of polys, especially when using other advanced shader techniques.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Some much better shots have appeared: 771_0001.jpg
    771_0002.jpg
    771_0004.jpg
    771_0003.jpg

They look like screenshots of this generation not next...Joanna Dark looks crap too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

If the bottom shot was from gameplay and not just a movie sequence I'd be impressed. That many bodies on screen at once with full detail and animation is the sort of thing I expect from the next generation.

The other shots are all far less impressive though... They look decent but nothing special.

Tusky wrote:
    They look like screenshots of this generation not next...Joanna Dark looks crap too.

No they don't....

Unless you are talking about PC's, they look far more advanced then a regular Xbox game.

Looks more look a fairly good PC game in terms of visuals, so I think it would be fair to say it looks like a console next gen title.

Although the weapon and hand models in the first screen in game look pretty bad, the second screen looks great though.

steviec wrote:
    That many bodies on screen at once with full detail and animation is the sort of thing I expect from the next generation.

If you look at the Ninty nine nights shots it show just how many enemies it is possible to have onscreen.

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/613/613330/ninety-nine-nights-e3-20050512074743999.jpg

No they don't....

Unless you are talking about PC's, they look far more advanced then a regular Xbox game.

Looks more look a fairly good PC game in terms of visuals, so I think it would be fair to say it looks like a console next gen title.

Although the weapon and hand models in the first screen in game look pretty bad, the second screen looks great though.

If that is the standard of next-gen graphics I would be fairly dissapointed. They look like high end X-box graphics to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Tusky there is alot of stuff going on in that screenshot that could be considered next gen. Especially if it's running at 60fps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Ciaran500 wrote:
    If you look at the Ninty nine nights shots it show just how many enemies it is possible to have onscreen.

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/613/613330/ninety-nine-nights-e3-20050512074743999.jpg

That's more like it! So what if the trees in that shot look like the same cardboard cut outs that we've seen for years, it contains the sort of activity on screen that you want a new machine to be capable of.

Giblet wrote:
    Tusky there is alot of stuff going on in that screenshot that could be considered next gen. Especially if it's running at 60fps.

In that one screenshot there is yes...I just expected more. It also looks like a cutscene anywho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

No they don't....

I think that's a fair point. The constant upgrading of PC gfx cards etc is bridging the gap between console generations. It's no longer like there is a massive leap in visuals every 4/ 5years. Graphics in games are constantly getting better (for PCs anyway) so the arrival of subsequent console generations has less of a shock factor.

Where did these screenshots some from anyway? The showing of PDO on MTV looked a lot worse than them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Now I'm not that adept in the technichal side of games and consoles but tell me: What exactly are you guys expecting from the next-gens. in term of graphics and detail? Are you thinking along the lines of near photo quality or what? What's the general concensus?

P.S. I don't like the red-head Joanna. No that I dislike red-heads, I just prefer ther brown haired, N64 adulteress.

Now I'm not that adept in the technichal side of games and consoles but tell me: What exactly are you guys expecting from the next-gens. in term of graphics and detail? Are you thinking along the lines of near photo quality or what? What's the general concensus?

P.S. I don't like the red-head Joanna. No that I dislike red-heads, I just prefer ther brown haired, N64 adulteress.

Next Gen is going to be a far cry from photo quality! To be honest, the Xbox 360 isn't going to be any better then a PC that has the latest specs at the moment.

So, its a next gen for the console market and will bring PC quality gaming to those without them, but its nothing new really that we haven't seen before in some form.

/I don't like that Joanna for the simple reason that she looks quite odd, and basically nothing like the original, which is what we want to see! Changing characters like that really should be avoided....

//Wait - do we actually KNOW its Joanna Dark who is the playable character?? Could be a different character taking over maybe?

Next Gen is going to be a far cry from photo quality! To be honest, the Xbox 360 isn't going to be any better then a PC that has the latest specs at the moment.

So, its a next gen for the console market and will bring PC quality gaming to those without them, but its nothing new really that we haven't seen before in some form.

/I don't like that Joanna for the simple reason that she looks quite odd, and basically nothing like the original, which is what we want to see! Changing characters like that really should be avoided....

//Wait - do we actually KNOW its Joanna Dark who is the playable character?? Could be a different character taking over maybe?

It would be absolutely ****ing rediculous if you didnt play as Joanna....may as well be a different a game.

Tusky wrote:
    It would be absolutely ****ing rediculous if you didnt play as Joanna....may as well be a different a game.

Yes, much like in Goldeneye Rogue Agent, not just a terrible game, but they had to add insult to injury by making you play someone other then 007 himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I think the inital wow factor of the new generation of consoles is just lost on pc owners really. As said, its really nothing most high end current gen pc's couldnt handle, but to mr. joe playstation it looks a damn sight better than whats on offer to them at the moment.
    The change from ps1 to ps2 was a huge leap, but now from xbox to xbox 2 its not looking like that big of a difference, but itll be interesting to see what the second wave of games will look like, as these are just launch games, and lets be honest while theyre not amazing theyre not exactly shabby either (at least those new pd0 screens arent as bad as the first ones)

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

is anyone looking forward to any of the lauch titles of the new xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

look just cause it has the name RARE on it doesnt mean it will be good. all the best people from rare have gone. and the team that made perfect dark now make timesplitters. i always knew it would be pants.

hal9000 wrote:
    I'll have to wait till the announcment at E3 before I decide on that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

hal9000 wrote:

Good point because I'm not. It looks like there isn't anything there that isn't a rehash of another genre. Mistwalkers games interest me but other than that nothing special at all.

Advertisement