Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cheap car (insurance wise)

Options
  • 14-05-2005 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Hi

Im currently looking to buy a good second hand car, and Im wondering can anyone here point me in the direction of a good car that would be most affordable for insurance. I have a provisional licence and I have applied for my test recently, so, any cars out there that are known to be cheap for insurance ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hang-on you're in France so anything said here is of dubious valve -except buy a small engined car thats not worth much. ie 10 year old Nissan Micra.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭pontovic

im in ireland now.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yeah, anything from early to mid 1990s super mini such as Micra, Polo, Corsa, Fiesta, etc. Anything within the 1.0 range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Have to say for cheap motoring micra is hard to beat. Very reliable, cheap to insure and tax. We have one. Not the most exciting car certainly but no trouble either. Most reliable car we ever owned. Try to find one that hasn't been driven by a learner. As they get caned. The 1.0l is very nippy for a small car. They tend to be cheap to buy because of their dull image.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Yup as Ricardo says, you can't go wrong with a Micra. Stick it out for a few troublefree years and you'd be able to get a proper car :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

unkel wrote:
    ... a proper car :)
    :D

Advertisement