Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Meteor's dumb greedy attitude!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JohnnyMobile

RachG wrote:
    Well in that case we should all steal or scam phones, and anything else we want from huge global companies, just cos they're huge global companies. Obviously that makes everything ok.
    steal or scam? my phone fell I left it in for repair and they replaced it.....some people on here just want a textual battle. Ive better things to do with my time, I gave the guy advice. If he chooses to take it fair play to him and if he doesnt I dont care.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Wasted

Re A conclusion to the above thread begun a year ago, we filed a claim against Meteor in the small claims court which they responded to but disputed thus dragging the matter on till the middle of March 2006, whereupon we had our day in court. Suprise suprise Meteor were a no show, which displays the little regard they have for the consumer and consumer rights. Based on the facts before him which included Meteors statement, the Judge found in our favour and we were awarded the full cost of phone plus expenses.(About 88 euro, Whoohoo!! :P) Meteor were given two weeks to appeal, which they failed to do, so now the Sherrif is on his way into the store to get what rightfully belongs to us. Today Meteor tomorrow the multinational Oil/Tobacco/Arms Multinational Conglomerates. I can see them quaking in their cowboy boots.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Wasted wrote:
    Re A conclusion to the above thread begun a year ago, we filed a claim against Meteor in the small claims court which they responded to but disputed thus dragging the matter on till the middle of March 2006, whereupon we had our day in court. Suprise suprise Meteor were a no show, which displays the little regard they have for the consumer and consumer rights. Based on the facts before him which included Meteors statement, the Judge found in our favour and we were awarded the full cost of phone plus expenses.(About 88 euro, Whoohoo!! :P) Meteor were given two weeks to appeal, which they failed to do, so now the Sherrif is on his way into the store to get what rightfully belongs to us. Today Meteor tomorrow the multinational Oil/Tobacco/Arms Multinational Conglomerates. I can see them quaking in their cowboy boots.

It may have took almost a year but damn good job! :)
    glad to hear you won in the end#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭dubadubdub

I love a happy ending!

Which company do you use now?

We are both now with O2 and find them quite good,(Served me very well when I was abroad having forgotten to set up roaming.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Wasted wrote:

Yes, this often happens. AFAIK, sometimes you have to bring them to the Disctrict Court to pay up which costs you money so you generally wouldn;t bother.
    And of course Meteor were a no show. People take them and other phone companies to court all the time, sometimes rightly so and sometimes not, they're not going to go to every one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

some people expect a lot dont they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Wasted wrote:

why did you waste your time or did you have nothing better to do.did the judge not laugh and say just for 80 euro you did al this:rolleyes:

Whether I have nothing better to do or not is completely irrelevent, I dont like being walked over and treated with contempt, every time you walk away from something like that, big business has a good laugh at how dumb the consumer is, and no the Judge didn't laugh because the sum of money was not at issue, what was at issue was my rights as a consumer not to have to take it up the ass from Meteor because I am an individual.
    Its your perogative Dre if you want to take it, take it. Just bend over they'll see to you presently.

Tell us when you actually see the money/phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Tell us when you actually get a signal LOL :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,908 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

drdre wrote:
    why did you waste your time or did you have nothing better to do.did the judge not laugh and say just for 80 euro you did al this:rolleyes:
    This is in fact exactly WHY (customer) service in Ireland is so bad in general from mobile phone companies, to the gardai. People bitching but not doing anything constructive about it.

Fair play to the OP for following through. If more people bothered to do this sorta thing, maybe things might be different in this corruption-riddled, haven for incompetence, backwater of a country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭N90user

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

I don't understand why people are willing choose the cheapest item from the cheapest source then, after not following the care instructions (or purchasing insurance), they expect to be given a new item when it breaks. Shouldn't people take responsibility for their own actions?

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    This is in fact exactly WHY (customer) service in Ireland is so bad in general from mobile phone companies, to the gardai. People bitching but not doing anything constructive about it.

Fair play to the OP for following through. If more people bothered to do this sorta thing, maybe things might be different in this corruption-riddled, haven for incompetence, backwater of a country.

yeah but some people dont have the time.thats why you should care for the phone.you cannot go back and ask for a free one or these guys would be bankrupt.if it broke thats just life get a new one.

Kaiser2000 wrote:

The OP damaged it himself. He went against advice in the manual. What he did was similar to getting water on the phone or dropping it.
    This therefore wasn't covered b ywarranty.
    How was bad customer service from Meteor? Unfortunately since Meteor didn't turn up, we don't know what the judgement should have been.

Pythia wrote:
    The OP damaged it himself. He went against advice in the manual. What he did was similar to getting water on the phone or dropping it.
    This therefore wasn't covered b ywarranty.
    How was bad customer service from Meteor? Unfortunately since Meteor didn't turn up, we don't know what the judgement should have been.

YES pythia that was my point.you are right.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement