Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek Enteprrise, Season 4, Episode 22: These Are The Voyages [Spoilers]

Options
  • 14-05-2005 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

I dont know if this was aired last nite or if it was released as a pre air on the net but its out there

The last episode of enterprise ever i have high hopes that they end it well lets hope they dont crash and burn but to me sounda tiny bit too much like voyagers last episode

Rate This Episode 14 votes

Amazing
    0%
    Good
    14%
    bkehoeJazzy 2 votes
    Ok
    64%
    satchmoazezilNietzscheandrrnwbbMrVestekFuhrioUser45701youcancallmealediz 9 votes
    Bad
    21%
    GoodshapeRound CableRobbieBonham 3 votes
    What Total Bollox For a Last Episode
    0%

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

Ok
    i enjoyed parts of it, i though the scenes with the chef were pretty nice espically the part when he was talking to tripp.
    generally not too fond of them having riker/troi walking around the holodeck enterprise ... they should have given archers enterprise crew the grace of being the stars of the final episode. but c'est la vie i guess.

the final scene post holodeck was nice, i did let of a shout of "ah jaysus" when picard started to talk, but then they gave kirk/archer their bit too. (all that being said i am a tng fan ahead of all other star treks, but i didnt like it imposing in this episode).

anyhoo, shame its over: it (the series like the finale) had its moments, although let down by awkward structure of scenes/writing etc.

dw!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

The episode was terrible,However the last few seconds with the 3 enterprise’s plus Picard Kirk and Archer saying those famous lines was quite hard hitting, for me anyway it feels like the last time I will ever see a new star trek episode….I feel quite sad now more so than i though i would. :(

Well all good things…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Ok
    Nice epsidoe as above i didnt like trio and riker walking around and lol when piccard said that at the end i let out a "a **** no"

Could have made a mucb better last epsiode i liked kirk and archer at the end but for a last episode it wasent great would have liked to see the speech i think although it wasent a good last episode it was still a Good episode,

dont worry biz it wont be the last time we see a new star trek episode if its surived this long it will contunie to surive its a entire univerce of posabalitys they can do anything

I will miss enterpise tho it had some great episodes and some epic battles like end of zindi story

i did like seing shren again sad about trip aswell i expected him to get tpol preggers before he died tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

This ep should have been called "a whimper not a bang..."

A waste of time. At least it was consistent with almost all of the previous four years of this very disappointing show.
    Only some of the Manny Coto eps seemed to be struggling above the "just-going-through-the-motions" level and this wasn't one of them.

Frakes and Sirtis are obviously whores who will do anything for the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

I didn't think the holodeck idea was a bad one in theory, but the way they used it was completely ridiculous. Riker has a tough decision to make. Wasn't there an engineer a couple of hundred years ago who also had a tough decision to make? Why yes there was, a program about that will surely teach Riker to do the right thing. Complete crap. It would have made more sense if he was just celebrating Federation Day by brushing up on his history.

And Trip blowing himself up didn't make a lot of sense either. All he had to do was lead them around a few corridors until Reed and the mako's arrived. Archer wasn't in any immediate danger. Sacrificing himself to save his captain was again a nice idea, but carried out very badly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Ok
    bizmark wrote:
    The episode was terrible,
    I wouldn't say terrible, most of it, was crap with the andorians and stuff... but like the conclusion part which was the point of it was done well......
    However the last few seconds with the 3 enterprise’s plus Picard Kirk and Archer saying those famous lines was quite hard hitting, for me anyway it feels like the last time I will ever see a new star trek episode….I feel quite sad now more so than i though i would. :(
    I'd have to agree with ye there, very end of it was v. good/sad......

Well all good things…
    True true.....(though is it a ST tradition that a main actor die's in the last episode/film?... Data die'n in nemesis comes to mind)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Thought the episode itself was terrible & by far the worst ending to a Star Trek series yet. The only part of it that was decent, as others have said above, was the last few seconds with the 3 Enterprise's (the D never looked so good..amazing how far things have come effects wise in the 15 or so years since TNG first aired :))

Bye bye Enterprise.. can't say I'll miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

IM not voting cause I havent watched it yet, im afraid to watch it. Im savoring it cause after I see it i`ll never see a new enterprise epp again. I always find that moment sad when i see the last epp of a trek series but this one even more so as theres nothing on the horizion for trek so that makes it worse.

Ok
    Ds9 ending had the most effect for me
    TNG was a nice little ending VOY was too action packed up until the last moment there was no little ltak at the end or anything like that

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Ah man... that was crap. That TNG episode with the starfleet cloak ship was on Sky the other day. I only watched it again cos I realised the admiral in that episode is John Loch in Lost. So I had the fresh memory of a relatively young looking Riker and Troi. Its amazing with today's make-up they still can't hide the bags under eyes.

Added to that, they wouldn't shut up talking about "10 years ago". So 6 years have passed and they don't look like they've aged a day. They didn't act like it either (except for Trip when talking to T'Pol).

Trip's suicidal reaction to the boarding party was a little gratuitous and over the top. It was only when Archer woke up and walked to the wreckage that I realised it, because it was so unecessary.

I thought the original Star Trek could only go up to "warp factor 5". Why did they throw in warp 7?

Also not very PC to say "...no man has gone before". I thought that was changed to "no-one" in TNG?

I grew up watching Star Trek. There were a lot of crap episodes and films, but the odd great one made the others worth sitting through. The finales were great episodes. This one, has left a sour taste.

I watched ST:Nemises for the first time the other day. Wasn't to impressed by that either. I await the next spin-off with trepidation...

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

cregser wrote:
    I thought the original Star Trek could only go up to "warp factor 5". Why did they throw in warp 7?

They changed the whole system at some point because of some discovery (awash with information, aren't I?). I'm not sure if that still covers it but warp 5 "now"(future) may have been warp 7/8/9 back "then".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

OK so i watched it last night and I dident think it was a good ending at all. But to be fair I dont know how they could have ended it, with the show getting cancled like that that they had to do something and I supose that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ok
    I have to say that I enjoyed the episode, I really did. It was nice the way they tied it in with the Pegasus episode. I do think you're right tho, Sirtis and Frakes look a hell of alot older than they did back then and I've always thought, well since i saw Nemesis anyways, that Frakes' face has become very, very drawn out.

Still I like the way they did it. I too noticed tho how they didn't seem to have aged a day (the NX-01 crew) that struck me as a little odd. Still as I sat there and watched the first few seconds seeing the Enterprise D's holodeck again and seeing the general look and feel of the Enterprise D I was happy, was good to see it again after so long. There's only so much repeats can do for a person. The Enterprise D tho with today's graphics looked fantastic as they flew into the asteroid field... made me want to do a little montage of the original Enterprise episode and this new one, although I know trying to tie them together in sequence would never work.

Am I the only one who found Troi talking to Data over the conn a little bit eerie? Seeing as we now know that he's dead already. And another thing, Sirtis' voice has changed alot. Gone are the earlier days from TNG when she put on a weird accent... she even pronounces Picard now as 'Picourd'... really strange that.

All in all I like the episode and the last few seconds with the Enterprise montage was brilliant I thought, I watched it like 5 times over last night in bed... kept making my player go back to 00:41:00 :P, almost had me in tears too as I was thinking '****... no more Star Trek for a hell of a long while...'

All in all a good ep, not brilliant but it's saving grace was seeing the Enterprise D again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Enterprise fizzled out in the end. What a disappointing last few episodes. Killing off tucker for practically nothing. What bs tbh. I'm fairly certain we'll never see another film, but we may also never see another tv show. Not for a very long time anyway :(

Screw the networks, I want to see what happened on the other 6 years of their adventure!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

The 1701 can i think get to warp 8 on the tng scale
    Also not very PC to say "...no man has gone before". I thought that was changed to "no-one" in TNG?

First serise - Final serise anyway pc can kiss my ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

ok

I have to admit that when i heard about this episode I was saying to myself oh god this is gonna be ****e, it would be like Bobby ewing in the shower and the last 4 years never happened, and all id see at the end is riker asking the computer to end programme

AT least it wasnt a holodeck fantasy created by riker thank god

Couple of points

1) Troi and riker look a helluva lot older then when the pegasus episode was aired, although troi looks better now then she did then, i wish for authenticity sake she would have used her TV series voice

2) I agree the montage sequence at the end was a bit of a tear jerker, i wonder was it more of a blow now or when TOS was cancelled and the fans had to wait 10 years for the motion picture

3) I was hoping they would show the speech at the end, cant have everythig i suppose

So with the Romulan wars movie at least 2 years away, star trek is officially on Hiatus, i suspect it wont be another 10 to 15 years before its back on our TV screens, more like 3 to 4, I also think that Berman and Braga and the crew will not be back, I cant see them returning because they were just burnt out at the end, no new ideas or anyhthing worthwhile to contribute other then hiring Manny coto for season 4.

Very strange though, both of the Biggest money spinning earners this century coming to an end at around the same time. Star Wars and Star Trek, who woulda thunk it

Sad days indeed

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭RobbieBonham

Bad
    Frakes and Sirtis are obviously whores who will do anything for the money.

LOL...yeah...they're the Mark Hamill / Anthony daniels of Star Trek...

Just saw it this very morning...wasnt any worse or better than the rest of the series.... They shoulda done the Q thing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Way too angry to type much on this now. Was a bitterly, bitterly disappointing finale... Will gather my thoughts and post on this when I feel better able to do it. Was an insult to the Enterprise series, and its characters.

One thing from the above thread jumps out though:
    Praetorian wrote:
    Screw the networks, I want to see what happened on the other 6 years of their adventure!

Based on the T'Pol/Trip relationship (no development in six years, despite a touching moment in the final scene of "Terra Prime"?!), and the fact that there were NO promotions among the crew for the remainder of their mission, NOTHING interesting must have happened during the intervening six years between "Terra Prime" and this episode...

Based on that, I, for one, am grateful we weren't subjected to any more episodes from the time in between. It might have been even more tortorous than some of the episodes in the four years we did sit through...

Will post more later... when I recover from the dismal finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Ok
    An ok episode, didn't like the holodeck thing at all... felt it took from the series, like the entire series had been reduced to a foot note in one episode of TNG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

what a crap ending. is this the best the writers could come up with to end the series?! im completely disappointed, damn holodeck, riker, troi, meaningless death etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ok
    Damn you and yer whinging!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

i every right to whine! im one of the few people who didnt bash enterprise since the start and i thought it was one of the best trek shows

Ok
    i didnt bash it but it wasent one of the best it had some great eps yes but they should have done abetter last episode it was a good episode just a terrible last episode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

toiletduck wrote:
    i every right to whine! im one of the few people who didnt bash enterprise since the start and i thought it was one of the best trek shows

Yep - I didn't bash it for YEARS (though looking back, I may have held out when I should have been more vocal.) I thought the Temporal Cold War arc had huge potential - all completely wasted ultimately. The show was weak for its first two seasons, yet there were about 10 verys strong episodes among that 52. The third season was a creative triumph - exciting, dynamic, and a narrative departure for Trek. I thought the fourth had ups and downs, but was heading towards stability. Which is, of course, when UPN decided to pull the plug...

I think the fans have every right to whinge at poor storytelling in places, disastrous characterisation over FOUR years, and a final episode that is, as Jolene Blalock put it "simply insulting" to the viewer...

It was not alone the worst final episode in Trek history, but maybe in the history of television. (I agree that it mightn't have been the worst had it *not* been the final episode, but as it stands, it was an absolute joke.)

It'd be like doing the final episode of Frasier from the perspective of the Cheers cast and killing Frasier off halfway through, or giving him reduced or no screen time...

Still fuming about "These Are The Voyages"... May never get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Ok
    Wasnt too bad but dont think i be going to watch many of the episodes again like i did the other series'.

I heard a rumour a few weeks back that the last episode was going to reveal that the entire enterprise series was actually just riker watching it as a sort of continual therapy. I was almost expecting the tng credits to roll at the end :eek:
    Still it was an interesting rumour while it lasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

just watched it there myself did enjoy it i have to say rather moving in the end and all that. with regard to the whores for money stuff i'd be of the opinion that frakes and sirtis would have been approached to do the ep rather then looking to to it.

i like the way it was tied into a TNG episode that we all know and the chef scenes where good. didn't like they way we they just ended the holodeck scene just as it was bout to start though i suppose they didn't want to do the whole speech seen however it was a shame there was no scene with the entire enterprise crew together.

all in all i really enjoyed this season thought manny coto has been amazing its a shame its over but unfortunately it would have appeared to have been too little to late.

data

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

Ok
    nice episode, not as explosively amazing as i thought it might be but still good i guess. I think Riker had too much of a part in it though, it should have been mainly about archer and his crew.

Advertisement