Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good humour from Newcaslte

• 14-05-2005 2:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd claims that a host of top-name stars have expressed a desire to move to St James's Park this summer.
    The Magpies are planning a major overhaul of their squad with boss Graeme Souness keen to bring in up to seven new faces.
    Souness has already begun identifying potential recruits and Shepherd insists that all the big names the club are chasing are sold on the idea of a move to Tyneside.
    "If I told you who wants to come to Newcastle, you would be astounded. Of course they want to come to Newcastle, they all want to come to Newcastle."
    Indeed, Shepherd is adamant that Newcastle are the second biggest draw in English football with only champions Chelsea holding greater powers of persuasion in attracting players.
    "Anybody leaving here, unless they go to Chelsea, is going down," he continued.
    "Let's face it, one of the big reasons for Chelsea is the rewards at Chelsea.
    Fine, I have not got a problem with that and I would probably be the same if I was a player. But where do you go when you leave Newcastle?"

Where do you go eh :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

LOL

I'll have some of what he's on please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

PHB wrote:
    where do you go when you leave Newcastle?"

A VD clinic usually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

He certainly is talking rubbish and he is not well liked by the Newcastle fans anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

"where do you go after newcastle"

well jon dahl tommasson is playing for ac milan at the moment....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Pigman II wrote:
    A VD clinic usually.

is there something you need to tell us? go on were all friends here!

jumpa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I have not got a problem with that and I would probably be the same if I was a player. But where do you go when you leave Newcastle?"

Probably to one of the 11 clubs above tem in the league. :)
    Theres one or two below them i wouldnt mind joining either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

He certainly is talking rubbish and he is not well liked by the Newcastle fans anyway.

thats true I hate the Bastard , but im sure theres plenty of players that would go to Newcastle before sides like Arsenal or Man United , the type of player who isn't good enough to start for those teams and would be paid a ridiculous amount to play poorly at St.James' .

[me stops before I go on rant]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Lol you're right. What star would go to that circus of a football club?
    Graeme Souness hasn't done zilch for the reason he was brought in for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

whats everybodys feeelings on souness?

his last few jobs i have expected a lot from him and he has failed miserably. now i know it is still relatively early days at newcastle and he has had some unforseen circumstances but newcastle have been very bad tis year.

its definitely more than a coincidence that souness manages to fall out with players at different clubs. i would like to see newcastle improve next year as they were a team i enjoyed watching.

best of luck next season souness, if he doesnt do it next season he is gone, imo.

jumpa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

whats everybodys feeelings on souness?

As a Newcastle fan I honestly think it would be in the best interests of the club
    if we kept losing 10-0 until he is finally sacked .

Sure we'd end up with a terrible goal difference after a few league games , but he'd be gone . Sourness doesn't get on with players from any club , no matter where he goes he hates his players and is always fighting with them .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

They're rumoured to have bid 16m for Michael Owen ...I think it would be a bad move for him though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Souness is a mid wife, he will never take the club to the next leve, and the best they can hope for under him is a UEFA cup spot, however thats more than they have right now.
    He will be given a season, with summer signings etc, to try prove his worth.
    I don't expect him to.

p.s.
    What world is Shepard living on if he thinks he could sign Owen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

PHB wrote:
    p.s.
    What world is Shepard living on if he thinks he could sign Owen

Maybe he's playin "Football Manager 2005" on his pc :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

PHB wrote:
    Where do you go eh :)

Amerillo?

Advertisement