Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Open Letter Regarding Metallica

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

I reckon we'll get the next great album when the whole band go on a big two year bender.......In a stroke of proactive genius I will start with a petition to get James back on the sauce , my heart sank watching some kinda monster ....it was like watching a small dog get mashed by a forty foot articulated lorry on the M50 ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Trev M wrote:
    ....it was like watching a small dog get mashed by a forty
    foot articulated lorry on the M50 ....

I can see why they never used that line on the ad posters :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

postermetallica2.jpg
    :D

Lol :d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

el tel wrote:
    irokie, I just read your reply to the open letter regarding Metallica.

Anyone can go through a post and pick out mistakes in the grammar and spelling.

Your own posts are littered with the same type of mistakes that you were quick to point out.

Why don't you get a life and realise that you are not an authority on the English language.

Loser.
    actually, he IS the authority on the english language, and so doesn't have to obey it's rules :P

• Advertisement

Hahah :D class poster Deadwing!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

So Marty Friedman is a "third-rate Metallica wannabe"?

Marty Friedman is an excellent guitarist, as is Dave M'insane.

However don't claim that Metallica are in anyway inferior to Slipknot or Megadeth. The mind boggles :eek:

Irokie: Are you a school teacher?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Pistol Pete

I doubt it, from where I'm standing he looks like a disgruntled kid pathetically trying to lend more weight to his post by belittling the language/grammar used by someone who's views are contrary to his. His "location" is a Tool song title ffs, pretentious gobshíte. Fúck off.

The only way to add anything to this thread at this point is to debate it completely drunk :cool: ......we could invite James along ....the possibilities .....could make a documentary about it ...... :rolleyes: mmmm now who should chronicle this momentous occassion.....I vote for the geography teacher.

Megadeth are class by the way, despite Dave loadsa pain Mustaine comin across like a whinge bag on the tragic puppy rockumentary ya gotta respect their ability as a band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Trev M wrote:
    Hahah :D class poster Deadwing!

heh no problems, thanks for the idea lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Why dont you just go and f**k yourself eh? There you go slagging off my english. I was at the f**king gig and as far as im concerned ive got every right to slag metallica and every right to post it here. I apprichate you having the courage to answer me, but seriously, p**s off and find someone else to bother, because all i was concerned with while writing that letter was the fact that Metallica have lost what made them so great.

EXAMPLE: Did anyone go to the Metalita gig last Saturday night in the Temple Bar Music Centre. This band played just 3 songs that had been released in the last 15 years and the rest were all taken from Metallicas first 4 albums. As tributes go, they rocked! They represented a Metallica from the past that I liked and if Lars said what you're saying he did, then I feel physically sick about Metallica! I didnt expect anything less from that dipsh*t anyway, sure he said himself a couple of years ago he loved Oasis!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

if Lars said what you're saying he did, then I feel physically sick about Metallica! I didnt expect anything less from that dipsh*t anyway, sure he said himself a couple of years ago he loved Oasis!

If Lars loved Oasis, and Oasis reckoned they were bigger than Jesus, then does that mean that in order of importance we have

1) Oasis
    2) Jesus
    3) Satanallica

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

my leftest littleist toe is smarter and a better drummer than lars :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Why are people ignoring the fact that Megadeth's albums since Youthanasia have been crap? That they've dropped the ball just as much as Metallica, only difference is Metallica have a better back catalogue to fall back on.

thats a good point actually. I was thinkin that there recently, cause in fairness, Megadeth havent produced a decent album since 1994, which is around the same time Metallica started to fall off the wagon!

Metallica's Best Ever Setlist (as performed in Mexico 91)

Enter Sandman
    Creeping Death
    Harvestor of Sorrow
    Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
    Sad But True
    Of Wolf and Man
    The Unforgiven
    ...And Justice for All Medley
    Bass/Guitar Solos
    Through the Never
    For Whom the Bell Tolls
    Fade to Black
    Master of Puppets
    Seek and Destroy
    Whiplash
    Nothing Else Matters
    Wherever I May Roam
    Am I Evil
    Last Caress
    One
    ++++++++++++++++
    The Four Horsemen
    Battery
    So What
    +++++++++++++++++
    Motorbreath
    Stone Cold Crazy

Just classic Metallica, flawless at best!

Best ever setlist? They chop the balls out of the AJFA material, play Through The Never and 5 covers, what a sham!!! As for Megadeth, the last two albums (three if you include the live album) have been quite decent really, not up to Peace Sells or Rust In Peace standard, but leagues better than the slop Metallica served up in the same time frame.

umm....i think that setlist sparks of genius. 5 covers by bands like queen and diamond head, plus Jason on vocals for Seek and Destroy AND Whiplash? Come on now, in fairness, it rocks. It actually does! Cause there choice of material represents the best possible material at that time, i.e. metallicas better period!

I disagree. That "Justice Medley" was just half-hearted piss and only three songs off Master Of Puppets for what reason, so they could play some covers? Nah, This is the sound of Metallica picking up speed on the downward slope into mediocrity.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

any set list with fade to black does just fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 JKSIII

I find it hillarious that the thread starter attempts to bash metallica, even though his username is "motley crue".

• Advertisement

and I find it hilarious that you're a prat!

Will this thread not be allowed to die??? :confused:

no it wont because we need to discover whether or not metallica are going to perform in august, if not, when they will perform next in ireland and finally, and most importantly, we need to argue over who has the last word!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I have the last word.

1. Any further personal abuse (I'm looking at Motley here but not just him) and its bye bye.

2. Keep this thread on track. Its about Metalica and the chances that they will play here again.

3. I like to listen to I Disappear before playing poker. I have no idea if that makes me a Trotskyite or a Marxist in the political cross-section of metalica fans. I just like the song.

DeV.

Ummm....I disappear was a kind of weird video, made apart from any other album and never realeased on an official album, like 53rd and 3rd. In fact, I think Metallica played 6 Ramones covers and recorded them as B-Sides to the St Anger Single. The band also recorded 4 songs from Download 2003 and put them as B-Sides to Frantic. My point is I wonder if all these songs will one day be realised in a rareities collection (kinda like Garage Inc Part 2, only not covers). Im sure Metallica performed stuff when St Anger was in the cooker that they havent realised or have performed live only once or twice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 rootofallevil

oh, i just stole the last word and it describes Metalica, it is:
    "the-biggest-waste-of-potential-since-acid-lollies"

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

im pretty sure they said they wouldnt be playing here a 3rd year in a row, and i reckon they're too big to be 'plus special guests' at an Iron Maiden gig, so i dont see much chance of them coming.

And they absolutely and completely owned Slipknot in every concievable way at last years concert

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

skregs wrote:
    And they absolutely and completely owned Slipknot in every concievable way at last years concert

i thought metallica looked like a boring middle-aged wannabe metal band in comparison to the liveleyness slipknot brought to the stage. metallica were great the year before though.... although that WAS linkin park...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

This is hilarious, please continue. Tell me, what's "tremolo" or even "tremelo" picking again, that was interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

i thought metallica looked like a boring middle-aged wannabe metal band in comparison to the liveleyness slipknot brought to the stage.

i thought slipknot were just there to bring in the kids. seen as how i couldnt see anyone over 15 in the pit for them other than myself.
    Although they did have that great 'everyone kneel down for 15 minutes and then just jump up and stand still!' bit during Spit It Out(?)

From where i was at least, there was way more going on during Metallica's set

Advertisement