Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Open Letter Regarding Metallica

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

.....RDS Simmonscourt....
    Isn't that the indoor bit? Is this indoors?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I taught that the RDS Simmonscourt was the outdoor bit. Thats the bit that Slipknot are advertised as appearing in, they not appearing outdoors?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I taught that the RDS Simmonscourt was the outdoor bit. Thats the bit that Slipknot are advertised as appearing in, they not appearing outdoors?
    Well, I remember Korn's concert at the RDS(which was indoors) was Simmonscourt, and I've never heard it mentioned outside of that, so I assumed it was that particular bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭De Mad Yoke

How many people here are actually goin to the maiden gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

How many people here are actually goin to the maiden gig?

I am, soon as I get some money. I'd go to Elton aswell, only the tickets are way overpriced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Simmonscourt is the indoor part, where the KoRn gig in 2002 was held. Funderland is also put on there every year.
    Maiden are playing in the RDS Main Arena, which is the same place Metallica played.

However, the Slpiknot gig was apparently moved to the RDS Main Hall, which is significantly smaller than Simmonscourt.
    I'm not exactly sure which one this is, but I've been told it is the one where the Higher Options thing is on every year.
    Ya know the one with all the huge pillars and **** al over the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

Well i've been a metallica fan since i was about 13 , i was stuck in a house in the galetach and one of the lads stuck it on , and that was it. i was hooked.

yes , St anger wasnt' the may west, but as i said when load and reload came out. People get older, they move on. Even the Beatles changed styles as they released all thier different albums.

To the topic of the thread , No i honestly don't think they will play.

Metallica are too big a band/brand to play as support.

Plus they are on holiday , was reported about 2 weeks ago that Kirk is off on a beach suning himself, and with no idea of when they will be back.

just one last thing.

as for the little ****tard who though that by bashing someone's grammer that he could prob how wrong he was .. think again.
    I have missed 1 metallica gig (1st of the rds ones) in 14 years, i'm a die hard fan. however i do accept that they make mistakes, that lars is a well ahole.
    No on is perfect, even me... i'm to modest :p

Advertisement