Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Automatic Gates

• 14-05-2005 5:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭

Hi y'all,
    Anyone got an electronic gate at their house? What type and what do you think of them?
    I am planning on installing automatic gates at my house. I know there are 2 options for a swinging gate - "Underground" option and the "hydraulic/electronic arm". Either would do - whatever is cheaper. I am good with electronics and mechanics so I should have no probs fitting. Anyone know a good place that i could get a kit? - cheap?

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi axe,

I was looking at them for my own house one time, I did notice there is a huge difference in the quality, both cheap and expensive had drawbacks.

My concern was in the event of power failure or the unit being faulty how easy was it would be to open the gate, I was very surprised to see a very expensive unit would have you locked out.

The guestimated time to switch back to manual was an hour with all the right tools, another was so bulky it would ruin the look of the gates.

I gave up in the end and went for the manual option :)

Advertisement