Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

god bless Google Adsense

Options
  • 14-05-2005 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Oh its currently my 5th month with adsense, and i droped my boss my notice that im quitin

my earning went from 50 cent first month to over $100 second month and have been tripling evry month since :) were into 4digit territorry now :)

i was a bit sceptical at first and learned alot
    for example that forums earn f*ck all while on the other hand review sites are excellent, doing things like matching the font and colors of content and ads helps greatly!

remember its not easy money you have to work hard using your head on everything from marketing to coding CGI/PHP content management systems

well thats my two cents! i never taught ill be working from home :) hope this helps people

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭seo-ireland

Oh the dream of working from home. That is my plan for the future as well. I run two new forums and Adsense revenue has been doubling each month. Definitely no way near a weekly wage yet but with both sites soon (fingers crossed) out of the Google Sandbox they should grow lots.

I am also getting into affiliate marketing lots and added a store to one of my forums. And the store runs Adsense as well so goodie.

I agree with you though that review sites are greater providers of Adsense revenue than forums, especially strategically placing a nicely formatted Ad unit into the content. Colour and non-ad like colour setups for the Ad units make 100% difference if you get them spot on.

What I am looking forward to is the new Adsense-equivalents by Yahoo and MSN. Competition in the PPC market means they will be fighting to win over publishers and publishers will see the benefits in the form of bigger payouts.

How old are your sites smileyrecords as a matter of interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭smileyrecords

1 is from december, 1 is from march

the other one i stoped updating as its taking too much time and doesnt seem to have been a good bet, i have a forum i removed the ads of it they werent worth it at all, one one hand i want to keep the forum as theres a community of over 1000 with ~50new registrations a day on the other hand it takes alot of my time ;/

i still havent surfaced near the top of any search engines :( most trafic comes from other sites i traded links with and few forums related to my topics

im currently brainstorming for new ideas and looking into overture "never put all your egs in one basket :)".

to be honest without updating the content regulary i would have made f* all
    i found reqularry rearanging the ouput template seems to confuse people and they pay more attention to the ads

i never taught i would be where i am now, but u learn alot and that is pricelless,
    marketing / hosting / server scripting is not something they teach you in your typical BScIT course

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

With regard to adsense I came across this forum the other day:
    http://www.adsenseguide.info/forum/

blacknight ive seen your ads on alot of sites (adwords geo targeting i take it)

does it cost alot adwords that is?
    a friend asked to set his site up with adwords to advertise just in ireland is it worth it?

Funny thing is that I am in the opposite situation to you smiley, in that most of my traffic comes from the SEs :)
    marketing / hosting / server scripting is not something they teach you in your typical BScIT course

Sometimes I wish I never spent 4 years learning what I could have learned better in a year and a half at home.

• Advertisement

blacknight ive seen your ads on alot of sites (adwords geo targeting i take it)

does it cost alot adwords that is?
    a friend asked to set his site up with adwords to advertise just in ireland is it worth it?
    The cost is based on the keywords you use and how much you bid for them. If the keyword is popular you will have to bid more in order for it to appear in search results.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ConsultClifford

Hi

all ye seo boys might be able to give me some advise.

I developed a site for a foreign tourist office... and its getting 300,000 + page impressions per month (without much thought to seo yet...)

If i put on ads (adwords) on the bottom of the page what sort of cash do you think it might bring in ?

Tnx

If i put on ads (adwords) on the bottom of the page what sort of cash do you think it might bring in ?

Impossible to say (should be a lot). Only one way to find out...

how far down the page ? people are lazy and dont mins scrolling?

its impossible to tell there are too many variables.

put them top left or mix it with content (yes it can be done) right down the center and watch the money flow

When integrating Adsense into a website you must make it look less like an ad and more like links within your site. Visitor's minds work like so: if they see a Google ad that stands out as an ad they will recognise it as such and your click-through rate will be lower. If they see a Google ad that is blended into the design of your site seamlessly they may still recognise it as an ad but will feel more inclined to click on it.

By the way if you use Firefox and run Adsense on your sites you definitely need to install this extension into Firefox https://do-not-add.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=firefox&category=Miscellaneous&numpg=10&id=500

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ConsultClifford

how far down the page ? people are lazy and dont mins scrolling?

its impossible to tell there are too many variables.

put them top left or mix it with content (yes it can be done) right down the center and watch the money flow

I did not mean at the very bottom.
    > just under the main content should do it - blend it into the color scheme and we should be rocking.
    then i'll start look into propperly referencing the site etc etc

By the way if you use Firefox and run Adsense on your sites you definitely need to install this extension into Firefox https://do-not-add.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=firefox&category=Miscellaneous&numpg=10&id=500

Very tasty!

Hi

all ye seo boys might be able to give me some advise.

I developed a site for a foreign tourist office... and its getting 300,000 + page impressions per month (without much thought to seo yet...)

Tnx
    If the site has a lot of content then and you get a reasonable amount of traffic you should be able to generate some revenue from it.
    It's impossible to predict how much. There are too many factors to take into account.
    - content type
    - audience type
    - ad type
    - ad position
    - ad colour/layout/style
    - content to ad relevance
    - keyword bids

Your earnings are going to be based on the keyword bids and you don't want to get the "public service" ads if you can avoid them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

Ok this might be a common question, but I want more hits to a website I made.
    At the moment I reckon it's getting ~0 per day.
    I am willing to put some money into it, ie.will buy domain if i have to, will spend some money advertising it etc...
    Any tips? Would adsense help me?
    p.s It's a B&B website, but it has to be redesigned first..

dawballz - adwords might help you adsense won't

Adwords will help you while you are improving the ranking of your website in the search engines. Perform search engine optimization on your website to improve your ranking. Once your site is receiving free organic traffic from the search engines you can lower your Adwords budget or if the SEO is perforrned correctly, get rid of Adwords altogether.

SEO normally takes months to see decent return so Adwords would act as a nice placeholder.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

When integrating Adsense into a website you must make it look less like an ad and more like links within your site. Visitor's minds work like so: if they see a Google ad that stands out as an ad they will recognise it as such and your click-through rate will be lower. If they see a Google ad that is blended into the design of your site seamlessly they may still recognise it as an ad but will feel more inclined to click on it.

If you're depending on repeat visitors, don't do this too much. It will annoy people.

I'm in no way implying that you trick the visitor. What I am basically saying is don't break the design of your site with default Google ad colours and the like. Ads can be blended in so that they are not so much work on the eye. Making the ad link colours the same as the default link colour of the site and setting the border colour the same as the background colour of the site will increase your click-through rate.

Advertisement