Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subbed threads in new posts list

Options
  • 14-05-2005 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

Is there any way we could make subbed threads appear in the subbed section of the boards.ie frontpage? (this)

That way new posts in subbed threads would appear there along with posts in subbed forums.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

Has no one any thoughts on this? I think it would be very useful if new posts in subbed threads appeared on the same page as new posts in subbed forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Why don't you use it as your frontpage?

I suppose that would be one way to solve it. But I use a custom page atm, which I find handy. It's not that big a deal that i'd change my homepage over, i just think it would make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Hmm, well it's be slightly different, it'd have to be a new category - e.g. subbed forums and subbed threads with different links, they couldn't be grouped together.

So the idea could be to have Arts ... Sports etc. | Sub Fs | Sub Ts | Blogs | Polls.

Cloud wrote:
    it'd have to be a new category - e.g. subbed forums and subbed threads with different links, they couldn't be grouped together.

Ah, that's a pity. I don't really use the subbed threads feature as much as subbed forums, so i doubt i'd use it as a new category. Thanks for checking that up :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Cloud wrote:
    Sports etc. | Sub Fs | Sub Ts | Blogs | Polls.
    you mean it wouldn't be "Sports etc. | My Forums | My Threads | Blogs | Polls" :D

Will make helpful suggestion later

[edit]Of course the UserCP page provides part of the functionality http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/usercp.php?

If you click on "New Subscribed Threads" you get all the threads you subscribed to - 6897 in my case. It might be harsh on the server though to run this for 1000 users at a time.

Something like
    All Boards.ie – [u]Subbed  - Arts - Comp - Games - Music - Rec - Region - Sci - Shop - Soc - Sports | Blogs | Polls[/u]
    My Boards.ie – [u]Subbed - Arts - Comp - Games - Music - Rec - Region - Sci - Shop - Soc - Sports | Blogs | Polls[/u]

or [/edit]

Victor wrote:
    If you click on "New Subscribed Threads" you get all the threads you subscribed to - 6897 in my case. It might be harsh on the server though to run this for 1000 users at a time.

Something like
    All Boards.ie – [u]Subbed  - Arts - Comp - Games - Music - Rec - Region - Sci - Shop - Soc - Sports | Blogs | Polls[/u]
    My Boards.ie – [u]Subbed - Arts - Comp - Games - Music - Rec - Region - Sci - Shop - Soc - Sports | Blogs | Polls[/u]

hmmm, if this happens, you don't need a subbed button in either All boards.ie or My boards.ie, because presumably you're thinking is that My boards.ie covers its functionality. However, Clouds post below points to the presumtion that it's not possible anyway.
    Also I'm not sure i'd like by subbed list divided up like that by category, but that's only cos i don't have a large subbed list :)

*bump*
    Seeing as the front page is different now, how about changing
    • All
    • Subscribed
    • Virgin
    to
    • All
    • Subbed Forums
    • Subbed Threads
    • Virgin

Advertisement