Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What kind of connection do you have?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

puma5k wrote:
    IBB Breeze 1Mbit (well will be upgraded to 2Mbit)
    yah cant beat BB out in the country,

I can, but that site isn't very accurate :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭puma5k

Fobia wrote:
    I can, but that site isn't very accurate :)

I have noticed that i get a different value during day on my own connection and then at night.
    When i do a test in College from it it's way off. College has 40Mbps from HeaNET servers but only 28Mbps to 32Mbps on irishisptest
    Downloaded off the IBB ftp server gives me a better indication

What ISP do you use? and does it offer up to 6Mbits from 7km outside Galway City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Me and Doodee are on IBB 1MB Breeze. We where on the testing for 2mb and it was sweet. Then we got downgraded to 1mb again... waiting for the accross the board upgrade now again to hit us.

As for speed tests. You have to have a line that is not in use by other people or programs to get a true reading. Seeing as you are in a college. There would be alot of people on the line at any given time. As for day and night useage. Well most companys aren't open during the night or if they are, have far less staff. So that means during the night your contenchen isn't as bad as it would be during the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Cable
    Eircom home starter plus ( 2meg ) , i have ordered irish broadbands 2 meg breeze package and if i'm happy with it then the eircom broadband will be going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

puma5k wrote:
    What ISP do you use? and does it offer up to 6Mbits from 7km outside Galway City

I use a connection via irishwan, but they're not an isp...6MBits from 7km outside Galway could be done, but it would need someone to rent out that kind of bandwidth and share it out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Fionn_McCool

Wireless (IBB)
    at hoe in D ungarvan Co waterford
    Calesurf

9 ega it download / 2 ega it upload :):):)

At college n cork
    A line fro the college connection

15 ega it download / 5 ega it upload :):):)

Sorry for the poor spelling ut a couple of the keys on y keyoard have gone kaput
    try and ake sense of it if you can :mad: :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Wireless (IBB)
    Sorry for the poor spelling ut a couple of the keys on y keyoard have gone kaput
    try and ake sense of it if you can :mad: :eek:
    LOL, so you must use the 'm' and 'b' keys a lot for gaming :D

causal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

DSL
    im on eircom dual isdn at the moment (128kbps) but hope to be getting E3 broadband (satellite) very soon

by the way you never added a poll for satellite

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Wireless (IBB)
    1huge1 wrote:
    im on eircom dual isdn at the moment (128kbps) but hope to be getting E3 broadband (satellite) very soon

by the way you never added a poll for satellite

Put it in Wireless instead. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Dero

DSL
    Currently (and for the last 6 or 7 years) on ISDN. Using IOL Anytime 180 hour package. I'm waiting (and waiting...) for a visit from a wireless broadband provider to determine viability for their service. Fngers crossed, breath not held.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Cable
    Eircom home started plus (2mb)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

oh, no options for those with no internet access..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Undercoverguy

IBB all the way!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Cable
    BTBB+ 2MB, but really want 4MB!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

DSL
    Dero wrote:
    Currently (and for the last 6 or 7 years) on ISDN. Using IOL Anytime 180 hour package. I'm waiting (and waiting...) for a visit from a wireless broadband provider to determine viability for their service. Fngers crossed, breath not held.
    exact same position as me ive been on isdn for 4 yrs but i have the eircom 150hrs deal and ive been waiting for wireless for ages... thinking of getting satellite

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

DSL
    64k ISDN here :(

I'm told to expect broadband before September, but I won't hold my breath.

Advertisement