Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League Dream Team!!

• 14-05-2005 8:58pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, i know most of yis are putting in premiership dream teams so just wanna stick in a champions league team. See wat yis think and put up your own!!!
    Mine Would Have To Be; ( 3,1,4,2)fomation

Buffon (GK) Only Coceded A couple of goals
    Terry (RCB) Solid
    Nesta (CB) Class
    Carragher (LCB) Do i have to comment
    Essien (DM) What an engine
    Garcia (RW) Scored crucial goals
    Ronaldinho (LW) Genius
    Lampard (CM) Goals Galore
    Pirlo (CM) Without him Milan wouldnt be in any final
    Shevchenko (CF) Great Goal scorer
    Rooney (CF) Great for his first time in C.L

Anyone think they can beat dat team or dont agree with it let me know

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

mine would be very similar but instead of essien i would go for makele for the experience and rooney i dont think has done enough in the CL other than hammer some turkish team for 3 goals,instead i would go for either crespo for scoring 2 crucial goals while shevchenko was injured or maybe Eto for early season form

Buffon - Legend
    Terry - Giant
    Nesta - Class
    Carragher - a scouser,but a good one
    Makelele - always there when it counts
    Duffenstein
    Ronaldinho
    Lampard - Goals Goals Goals
    Pirlo - Solid
    Shevchenko - ...
    Crespo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Of the 18 goals Chelsea scored in the Cl Duff either scored or set up 8 of those. He didn't even start 4 of the matches either. :) Has to be in it! ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

as much as i like duffer he hasnt got a patch on ronaldinho. he played well against the so called little teams but he didnt produce against the big ones.

Rooney but for his first CL campaign done extremely well thats why i wud choose him!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

but he didnt do well for a campaign...he did well for a single game against some of the weakest opposition you could expect to meet in europe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Duffers influence scoring wise is the greatest of all the players imo, way way ahead of Rooney

Ronaldinho doesn't play left wing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ronaldinho does play on the left. hes played there for barca all season. hes the sort that tucks in he middle and behind the front man, thats what makes him so good.
    Duffer is one dimensional, up and down the left flank which ronaldinho doesnt do aswell...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

jonny24ie wrote:
    Duffer is one dimensional, up and down the left flank

You've obviously not watched him much this season.

Incidentally any CL team not built about Dave Rogers is a farce imo :)

yeah i have watched him all season. I love watching him but i think he has a lot to improve on too(scary). dont get me wrong he is a great player but i think ronaldinho's contribution this year for barca winning the league has been immense. even duffer aswell contibuted a lot to chelsea but he simply wasnt ther best player this year. ronaldihno was barcas best player once again. thats Y!!!!

My team is based on teams best players of the european season, so have a think about it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

jonny24ie wrote:
    yeah i have watched him all season. I love watching him but i think he has a lot to improve on too(scary). dont get me wrong he is a great player but i think ronaldinho's contribution this year for barca winning the league has been immense. even duffer aswell contibuted a lot to chelsea but he simply wasnt ther best player this year. ronaldihno was barcas best player once again. thats Y!!!!

Ronaldinho is obviously better than Duff, he's better than every other footballer in the planet. However Duff is not 'one dimensional, up and down the left flank'. He used to be but has completley changed under Mourinho, he spends more time on the right flank than anywhere else now!

• Advertisement

yeah thats true but hes lackin that part of his game by stayin to wide all the time. hes at is best when he is running at players so i wud like to see him goin through the middle a lot. look at robben hes so dangerous at doin it and its something duffer lacks. when he brings that into his game it will be scary!! hopefully he does it so ireland will get to the world cup!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

jonny24ie wrote:
    hes at is best when he is running at players
    and i'd say he'd love to be doing that week in week out but for some reason Mourinho prefers him not to. He was running amoc down the wings on his first game under Mourinho as a sub against Spurs and also on his first start against Boro. Thats when Mourinho put the leash on. He lets him off every now and then though :), he came on at half time against PSG and gave them an awful time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

i think mourinho has duff doing less of his mazie runs cos he always used to do his hamstrings in. he has hardly picked up any injuries this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

jonny24ie wrote:
    Hi guys, i know most of yis are putting in premiership dream teams so just wanna stick in a champions league team. See wat yis think and put up your own!!!
    Mine Would Have To Be; ( 3,1,4,2)fomation

Buffon (GK) Only Coceded A couple of goals
    Terry (RCB) Solid
    Nesta (CB) Class
    Carragher (LCB) Do i have to comment
    Essien (DM) What an engine
    Garcia (RW) Scored crucial goals
    Ronaldinho (LW) Genius
    Lampard (CM) Goals Galore
    Pirlo (CM) Without him Milan wouldnt be in any final
    Shevchenko (CF) Great Goal scorer
    Rooney (CF) Great for his first time in C.L

Anyone think they can beat dat team or dont agree with it let me know

i'd replace Buffon with Dida, he only conceded a few goals also, less than Buffon in Serie A
    they're fairly even in quality overall
    i may be biased though, being a milan fan!!
    but don't mention the PSV game...

yeah tue but buffon never conceded in the group stage and then only conceded a few in the latter stages of the competition. dida conceded more in one match against psv than buffon conceded all the campaign so......

Advertisement