Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J2EE Hosting

Options
  • 14-05-2005 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

Anyone got a Good Value J2EE host that they are using?

DBAHost.com is the only one near my price range that is hosted in Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

ballooba

I presume you want something like Jboss?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pbarry

Hey ballooba,

I've been looking for one too, JBoss + Struts etc

I've been looking at eapps.com.

check out their prices here, https://signup.eapps.com/store/index.cgi , thinking of going for the "Standard Max Virtual Private Server "
    Includes JBoss, Tomcat, PHP, etc plus its cheap enough at $30/mo

DBAHost.ie looks good, anyone use them??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Looking for the same as PB.

How much hassle is involved in running a dedicated server either?

The environment we use was provided by our Distributed Info Systems lecturer, would it entail putting the same environment on the dedicated server or would it be easy to adapt our apps to suit a new environment. I'm presuming we would still have to use JBoss.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pbarry

Just heard baxk from Eapps, they support Struts, J2EE etc so it shouldnt be too much of a problem migrating.........i hope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Assuming you need J2EE etc, you know how to install JBoss, Tomcat, etc. The best way forward is to buy a dedicated server. You can then install the bits n bobs you want.

I know for a fact that DBAHost are not really running their JBoss hosting service at the moment, but you should give them a shout none the less.

There are plenty of companies that provide a dedicated server, you may find the price more to your liking too. Alot of the hosting costs involved with J2EE are is the backend work involved in tinkering to get it all working nicely. I was testing FlashRecruit for the crowd I work for and got a dedicated server from MyHost.ie. In the end we went a different direction and I made use of the 30 day money back thingy, but I would recommend you to check out using a dedicated server for what you nee.d

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Several Irish hosting companies offer dedicated server hosting, and with prices starting from as little as € 59 per month, it's the best option if you want full control over the envrionment.

Advertisement