Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stupid Heel Turns...

• 14-05-2005 9:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

Is it just me or is Eddie guerrero's recent heel turn the stupidest decision the WWE has made in recent times? The guy was one of the most over guys on Smackdown and has had his whole image altered to present him as a deranged individual. It's stupid in my opinion. Normally I like to see heel turns but certrain wrestlers are better left as faces in my view. Can anyone else think of wrestlers who turned heel when they were better left as faces? I would say turning Booker heel when he went to Smackdown was a poor move. If Y2J turns heel I think that would be a mistake as well.

Can anyone think of other wrestlers who were turned heel when they were best left as faces?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I think Eddie is a born heel. His best work has always been as a heel. And I found myself actually interested in what he was doing for the first time in a long time last week

Billy Kidman's heel turn was ridiculous. I can't understand it at all. Surely his actions were more admirable than London's?! There was never a reason to dislike him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Austins Heel turn has to be top of the list. The guy was never fully over as a heel and its just plain didnt suit him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

IMO its usually face turns that turn out to be a waste. See the following in recent times for this
    -Orton
    -Y2J (still good but better as a heel me tinks, has d talent 4 both)
    -Jindrak
    -Benoit (more so the way he ditched his ruthless agression thing when he was champ and became a "smiling" champ)
    -Hass
    -Brock
    -Kane
    -Batista
    -Big Show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fozzy wrote:
    I think Eddie is a born heel. His best work has always been as a heel. And I found myself actually interested in what he was doing for the first time in a long time last week

I liked Eddie as a heel too but this heel Eddie is different to the heel Eddies of the past. I just don't think it made any sense to turn one of the most over guys on Smackdown heel when it would have been far better to do it to someone that's in need of a heel turn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I think Eddie neededa heel turn something bad, as I think the audiences were getting somewhat apathetic toward him. His pops were gone, his promos too similar, and his character all out stale. As a face he was never going to get back to the main event, but this turn makes his character fresher and alot more interesting.

As for poor turns, I think there were face turns which should never have happened, a lá Orton, Brock, Albert, Big Show, Angle to name but a few. All of these are better heels, and were never believable as the 'good guy'.
    Austins Heel turn has to be top of the list. The guy was never fully over as a heel and its just plain didnt suit him

I disagree completely. The manner of his turn was great. He finally gave into Vince. Vince finally won the war between the two. Austin knew he needed Vinces help to get back to the top again. This p*ssed the fans off, he continued to p*ss the fans off by aligning with HHH. He screwed the WWF at InVasion2001. It worked, it was memorable and like everything else, it ran its course.

For me the worst heel turn was Taka Michinoko :eek:

• Advertisement

I think Eddie was treated poorly though. This time last year Eddie was massively over but as the WWE worked hard to make JBL the top guy, Eddie fell away. I think it's similar with Y2J over on Raw. There's another guy who the fans love yet he's wasting away in mid-card feuds. If Eddie and Y2J had been given proper title shots on their shows I think they would still receive great pops. I hope Eddie's heel turn fails though as I want the fans to still support him. Rey's crap in my opinion.

I agree with you on Austin. His heel turn was one of the most shocking things in wrestling. Only Hogan's was probably more shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Legend_Killer

Eddie is a genius heel. Hes the best in the Biz along with benoit of course at pulling off those serious promos.

On RAW they turn guys face to go up against HHH and they always end up jobbing. Ortons push was the most fcuked up thing ive ever seen in my life. he was an uber heel and they turn him face, have him wint the belt and then lose it a month later? was that just so vinne mac could do away with the fact that brock lesnar was the youngest ever champ previously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I think Eddie was treated poorly though. This time last year Eddie was massively over but as the WWE worked hard to make JBL the top guy, Eddie fell away.

Cant remember where it was said but the reason JBL got the title cause Eddie felt he wasnt doing a good enough job as champion.

Also Austin as a heel was a good thing except for those awful catch phases. Well "What" is ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Cat O'Nine Tail

Apart from Eddie, the only really good heel (if we're talking an arrogant, self centered, big mouth heel) in the WWE is Y2J. And the man is being wasted over on Raw. The rumour is that he's going to Smackdown in the draft, so hopefully we'll see him getting the push he deserves, along with Captain Charisma, Christian.

Stalfos wrote:
    Cant remember where it was said but the reason JBL got the title cause Eddie felt he wasnt doing a good enough job as champion.

I read that Eddie was supposed to hold the belt for many months but he felt the strain as champion and blamed himself for poor ticket sales for Smackdown events and for poor buy rates for the PPVs. Often, Vince had to reassure him he was not to blame. This is why JBL got the belt. Still, that's no excuse for why he fell away in the next few months. He had a feud with Angle over Summerslam and then drifted away off the scene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Also Eddie had to fall away to give Cena a chance to get a decent push.

Advertisement