Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line re qualification problems..

• 14-05-2005 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

New to these forums, looking for help/info..

About a year ago I discontinued my IOL 3 month free trial on BB. Now, my line will not re-qualify. I've done battles with eircom on so so many occasions, to be met with a brick wall every time.

They've told me they can't do anything, they can't actually tell me what's wrong with the line, nor can they point me in any direction to getting this resolved. As far as they're concerned, the case is closed end of story.. I can't get boradband. :p

Has anyone else had this problem, if so have you got around it in anyway??

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I guess you've looked into the alternatives such as wireless and cable? From what I've read on boards Smart broadband may sometimes work on lines that don't pass Eircom's test but having said that they seem to be way behind schedule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 server_girl

not covered by irish broadband. As far as i know, Smart only check the exchange a the time of order and not the individual phone number which would exlpain... eircom still own all the lines and exchanges, so any of the other telco's go through them.

what companies do cable DSL?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Paul007

Ah, Eircom dreaded line tests!

Go to Netsource's line checker below and find out exactly when your line was last tested. It usually gets retested every four weeks.

Then remove everything from your main Eircom phone socket eg extensions, sky digibox, splitters, caller Id ect.

Just leave one standard phone connected and wait for it to be tested again. If you've had broadband previously there should be no reason why your line can't handle it again.

http://shop.netsource.ie/partners/prequal_popup.php

cheers, will do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Lets know how you get on. Even though smart only give results on the exchange.. They do seem to have a much higher pass rate than Eircom.. They have also promised to look at individual problems with lines Something Eircom refuses to do..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

You may want to read this article about Eircom's new line fixing programme: http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/news.nv?storyid=single4824

cheers for the article, interesting. i'll believe it when i see it though. just goes to show they know what's wrong with lines that fail, even though they won't tell you.

have also disconnected anything that i can off phone lines and will reorder a test with eircom tomorrow - will let you know what comes of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

just to let you know my line fails with eircom and netsource, it was tested 9th May, and im writing this to you through broadband, so if im failing even thought i have BB, you should certainly get it.

Advertisement