Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Finally!! .....My MX5!!!!!!!!

Options
  • 14-05-2005 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Here at last, after a month or so of deliberation is a pic of me standing over my MX5. I finally picked it up last Thurs evening. I am really happy with it. It took a day or so to get used to it as its very different to the Focus that I am used to driving. There is a link below to view more pics. :D

mecar.jpg

Click here for more pics http://www.yrsites.com/mx5/mycar.html

EDIT: The pics of the interior didn't come out too well as the sun was beaming down on it

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I see you have "vanity plates"! :D

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

mike65 wrote:
    I see you have "vanity plates"! :D

Mike
    I presume your being sarcastic! Photoshop is handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,400 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

After that massive thread I see you've finally made your mind up ;)

Good luck with your new motor and just as well those plates are "virtual" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Sweet. Well wear :)

causal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Best of luck with it and safe motoring.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

meh, whatever you're into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

Nice looking motor!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Are these RWD? I drove a GTR Skyline yesterday and I swear my next car HAS to be RWD :)

JohnCleary wrote:
    Are these RWD? I drove a GTR Skyline yesterday and I swear my next car HAS to be RWD :)

MX5s are RWD as all respectable driving machines must be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Great drivers car. I think they are brilliant. Some people aren't gone about the image. But that says more about them than the car ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Not a huge fan of MX5's but she looks mint! Body kit and wheels set if off nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Nice car - well ware - is it a Jap import? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Don't be ridiculous - of course it's not imported from Japan - don't you know Mazda are an Irish company ;):D

causal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Very nice, how much did it cost? If it wasnt for insurance reasons I'd be making a big effort to pick myself up one..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Where did you get it from BTW? Was it the guy in Stillrogan who was mentioned in an earlier thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

mecar.jpg

Whats with the rear side indicator?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

I do believe they're both reflectors, or some form of parking lights, if you notice that the side repeater is on the wing, not on the bumper

vector wrote:

Whats with the rear side indicator?

Is that maybe the standard in Japan?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Probably just reflectors that caught the flash from the camera maybe? BTW, I know someone with an MX-5 who had to tape these over to pass her NCT :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Can I have your focus for free please? (I'm serious by the way)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Good luck with the new motor, I was seriously tempted to buy one myself but could only afford one new car and needed a bit more space, i drove a mx5 for nearly a year as a company car and loved it, is yours the 1.6 or 1.8, and is that bumper an aftermarket bumper it looks well with the fog lights, dont remember seeing that bumper as standard, good luck

JohnCleary wrote:

Is the GTR not 4WD with a rear axle bias ratio of approx 60:40, where as the MX-5 is a full on rear wheel drive.

Ernie Ball wrote:
    MX5s are RWD as all respectable driving machines must be.

Indeed. Only respectable driving machine not RWD I have ever driven was an Alfa Romeo 156 and I suppose that's only valid to a certain extent. 156 GTA < M3

Wasn't that an infamous quote by Saab engineers about a decade ago that FWD and engine > 200bhp are not compatible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

unkel wrote:
    Wasn't that an infamous quote by Saab engineers about a decade ago that FWD and engine > 200bhp are not compatible?

Yea, i remember hearing that aswell, something like the absolute max a FWD car can handle is 220bhp otherwise its just not possible to transfer the power to the wheels

I suppose the 156 GTA kinda broke that rule but the base point is still there :)

Alun wrote:
    Where did you get it from BTW? Was it the guy in Stillrogan who was mentioned in an earlier thread?

Nope I got it from a garage in Malahide. It cost me €12,800. They threw in 4 new tires and got me to pick out a stereo of my choice.

I wouldn't have been able to rest easy if I got it from a private seller, especiallly that guy we were discussing a few weeks ago

I forget now who asked me about the bumpers, not sure about that one. They were there when I bought it.

In the main pic, they are just reflectors reacting to the flash of a camera.

cormie wrote:
    Can I have your focus for free please? (I'm serious by the way)

Hehe, I will give it to you for a fiver!

Good luck with the new motor, I was seriously tempted to buy one myself but could only afford one new car and needed a bit more space, i drove a mx5 for nearly a year as a company car and loved it, is yours the 1.6 or 1.8, and is that bumper an aftermarket bumper it looks well with the fog lights, dont remember seeing that bumper as standard, good luck

Its a 1.8. As I said I couldn't tell you about the bumper. It was there when I got it. Its a jap import so maybe they are standard over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

py2006 wrote:
    Hehe, I will give it to you for a fiver!

How about a tenner ;) . Very nice car. What year is it? Sorry if it's been posted before, but I never saw it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Well done py2006, it looks very well.
    Hopefully we will see you and your motor soon at a run, or tech day.

• Advertisement

Squirrel wrote:
    How about a tenner ;) . Very nice car. What year is it? Sorry if it's been posted before, but I never saw it

Sorry dude, it aint for sale. I share the Focus with my father. I dont think he will be pleased if I sold it behind his back for a tenner!

its a 04

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement