Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Finally!! .....My MX5!!!!!!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Another imbred scanger scumbag with too many tracksuits and ridiculously over-sized rings on all his fingers!

A robust response. You must see chavs everywhere if you think that everyone laughing at you is a knacker.

Why don't you go the whole hog and have that puppy sprayed pink?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

magpie wrote:
    A robust response. You must see chavs everywhere if you think that everyone laughing at you is a knacker.

Why don't you go the whole hog and have that puppy sprayed pink?

Yawn...

Magpie, the very one who brought us other 'diamond' threads such as http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2777892#post2777892

So what do you drive then ? And how much shopping can you fit in the boot ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Theresa huge difference in driving experience between a light front engined/rwd drive low sports car and a heavy ass fwd, front engined coupe.

If all your are interested is how "pretty" your car is, well... :rolleyes:

So what do you drive then

Mazda 6.
    how much shopping can you fit in the boot ?

Quite a lot actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Guys if you dont like MX5's or whatever thats fair enough. But don't come in here with stupid time-wasting comments. I created this thread so I can learn more about my car from those who know.

So unless you have something constructive to add stop wasting my time. Create your own thread and invite the other idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

magpie wrote:
    Mazda 6.

Seeing as we are generalising,

Grandads car.

**EDIT**
    Actually I take that back, sorry, I am only lowering myself to your cretinous level. :p

Grandads car.

And proud.
    cretinous
    idiots

Why are you all so touchy about your MX5s? I would have thought that real men as you are you'd be totally innured to the shouts of 'girlyman' as you drive past with the top down, wind blowing through your golden tresses?

"What was that?"

"Just some skangers ducky"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Of being a grand dad? :D

Incidentally, 'pie-man, birds/blokes/kids (especially kids - they know better, you know) dig the MX5 rather a lot (at least mine :D )... much, oh-so-much-more than just'nother rep mobile :p

I like the '6, as a family car. Think Mazda did a really good job with it. But it's just another exec' at the end of the day... same-o, same-o 3-series, A4, etc, etc.

Of being a grand dad?

You know it. Us skangers have a generation every 12 years.
    it's just another exec' at the end of the day... same-o, same-o 3-series, A4, etc, etc.

Sure, I agree with you completely. I don't think its a particularly deadly car or anything. someone just asked me what I drove.
    as a family car

That's what I use it for.

I also don't have a problem with anyone driving whatever they want, its just highly amusing seeing the hissy fits that these MX5 driving he-men get into when you jibe them gently about their car being 'girly'.

magpie wrote:
    Why are you all so touchy about your MX5s?

Not touchy about them at all.
    But the OP, as he stated a few posts ago, created this thread to get some real information regarding his car.
    So, tell me, why do you feel the necessity to barge in with a completely, unreleated, unmportant, unrequired statement like : "I'm sure all the other staff in Peter Marks are dead jealous". What do you hope to achieve by this?

• Advertisement

magpie wrote:
    its just highly amusing seeing the hissy fits that these MX5 driving he-men get into when you jibe them gently about their car being 'girly'.

Well, in my opinion that makes you a bully!
    Deliberately anoying people to draw an angry reaction...
    You have no place in society, scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Stix

The insurance on MX's is scandolous cosidering there is no more power than ur average car. If i was gonna pay insurance like that id go for a BMW or Large VW. They are hairdressers cars, as are Hyundai Coupes, Opel Tigras and Ford Pumas.
    py2006 wrote:
    The only reason little "howya" scangers consider them womens cars is because for a long time only women could afford the insurance on them. Its still the case with any fast, or big engined car.

I have seen tonnes of men drive them, actually more so than women. I have seen more women drive Micras and 206's but that doesn't mean there aint men driving them too.

Get real and grow up.

Well, in my opinion that makes you a bully!
    Deliberately anoying people to draw an angry reaction...
    You have no place in society, scumbag.

... and my roots need doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

Stix wrote:
    The insurance on MX's is scandolous cosidering there is no more power than ur average car. If i was gonna pay insurance like that id go for a BMW or Large VW. They are hairdressers cars, as are Hyundai Coupes, Opel Tigras and Ford Pumas.

High insurance on MX-5's is mainly because they are convertibles.

The MX-5 is much closer to being a true sportscar than a Hyundai Coupe or Opel Tigra (the latter is a true hairdressers' car if ever there was one). The Ford Puma is a fine machine but you don't have the wind-in-the-hair experience obviously.

Large VW? I couldn't think of anything more boring to be honest! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

Stix wrote:
    The insurance on MX's is scandolous cosidering there is no more power than ur average car. If i was gonna pay insurance like that id go for a BMW or Large VW.

Here's the concept you seem to be missing: power-to-weight ratio. You and your large VW would be smoked by an MX5, which is why the insurance is high on those cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Stix

Id sooner drive a large fast VW than a lil MXer.

Better still - motorbikes are far better than cars.

CBR 1100 XX --- what a machine.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

prospect wrote:
    So, tell me, why do you feel the necessity to barge in with a completely, unreleated, unmportant, unrequired statement like : "I'm sure all the other staff in Peter Marks are dead jealous". What do you hope to achieve by this?
    Exactly what happened next I suspect.

Good point. I think at this point we should just all agree Magpie is a troll and ignore his posts.

Stix wrote:
    Id sooner drive a large fast VW than a lil MXer.

Which 'large fast' VW did you have in mind? Because, in fact, there are no VWs that outperform the MX5, other than the new GTI. You can get a passat with a 150bhp engine, but that car weighs a ton and will be outperformed by the light mazda with its 135bhp (or whatever it is).

Maybe he's thinking of that VW Phaeton yoke. Or maybe he bought a VW camper van and fitted it with Nitrous Oxide turbines or something :D

• Advertisement

Maybe he's thinking of that VW Phaeton yoke. Or maybe he bought a VW camper van and fitted it with Nitrous Oxide turbines or something :D

Oh, you mean this?:

19.jpg

:D:D:D

Yup, that'd be the one. :D

Stix wrote:
    They are hairdressers cars, as are Hyundai Coupes, Opel Tigras and Ford Pumas.

Hyundai Coupe - had one (Mk1 Turbo) for a while, bro-in-law has a 'FX' Mk3 which I've tried. Grossly underpowered, mechanics canibalized from 'family' range, I believe the only good thing about'em is that LOTUS had some input for the chassis. Naf' (though much better-looking, lately, than anything by BMW or VW).

Tigra - it's a remodelled Nova. F***cking Wow! Can't take my breath! What a sports' car! etc, etc.

Puma - it's a remodelled Fiesta. F***cking Wow! Can't take my breath! What a sports' car! etc, etc.

Any other you care to throw in?

I'm not touchy as an MX-5 owner, as looks I get (and have been getting for 4 years solid) from the passing crowd is enough statisfaction for me, if looks are all that count to you lot of trollers.

Comments to the effect of 'girly' and any other such like I *very very rarely* get are from mid-30 to mid-40 somethings in their Passats, Mondeos and 3-series, and their envy is writ large all over their (most often fat) face. Usually best left totally ignored (or if you're feeling particularly facetious, give the guy a long once-over in his car, top to bottom, then smile), by which behaviour within 5 mins they look like the absolute muppets that they are (particularly if there are other people about who witness the exchange).

And if I hadn't been married for 9 years, Ireland would by now be running out of wood on which I could notch'em 'up, on the back of that motor alone (my Adonis looks not being factored in the equation :D ).

So -as we keep kindly reminding you lot of trollers- please follow the arrows to the exit of the thread, start your own 'what do you think of them hairdressers in their MX5s?' poll/thread and -in two words as in 3 pages of posts- naff off.

Hmm, good point,
    An i was determined not to loose it :( , cause its friday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,400 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

ambro25 wrote:
    Wasn't that a 405, though?

Indeed it was, I linked a pic but it somehow disappeared. Here is it again:

pic123.jpg

If I had the money, I'd buy mine a big sister, tho' ;)

start your own 'what do you think of them hairdressers in their MX5s?' poll/thread

Duly done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

magpie wrote:
    ... and my roots need doing.

I'd encourage any thats bored with the cave dweller to report the posts as trolling. Let the mod decide. :cool: Don't respond further.

magpie wrote:
    Duly done :)

aaaawwww borozi, i had typed a huge response, and when i tried to post, thread locked :(

Can I post it here?

• Advertisement

Alun wrote:
    One thing to check on MX-5's, is the spark plug leads. Because of the way they're routed over the engine block they get very hot and can begin to fail quite early on in their lives. Usually manifests itself as a slight hesitance in the engine at idle and low revs although it could also be causing what you're seeing.

Alun - what to check, specifically, please? That they're burned/heat-discoloured?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement