Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Suggestions for a small diesel van?

Options
  • 15-05-2005 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Now that the degree is (more or less) finished, thinking about getting me a car. Have my eye on something like a Peugeot 205 van - Im a fairly serious archer, so the bow case would be taking up space in the back seats of a hatch most of the time anyway(its big, way too big to fit in the boot of yer average hatch), going for the van configuration would allow me to use the space more effeciently. Only other van-car(do these things have an actual designation? Minivan?) that I liked the looks of was a Citroen AX van, but theyre getting scarce on the ground and apparently suffer from knackered head gaskets.

Opinions? Any other models out there that are decent? Has to be diesel, can afford between 1 and 2K for the car. Only has to last 2 years of fairly light mileage till I get the masters finished and then I can go out and buy a proper car :)

Thanks

Ewan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭damo605

1992 Corolla van without doubt - as long as the cc's aint a problem.
    Love the look of these plus they'll go forever - Back in college there was a guy called Blackie had one of these with a cosworth exhaust on it and I still haven't heard anything with a bass note like it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You might look at something like the old Fiesta or Courier van. Also look at the Opel Combi van.

Advertisement