Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(UK) Gay Pride Birmingham 2005

Options
  • 15-05-2005 6:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

Yippee, i only heard about it today and i apologise if this has already been discussed but Gay Pride in Birmingham is on on the 28th (sat) till 30th (mon) May 2005, in Birmingham, UK.

Well i'm gonna go, as i've never been before, and I think it would be a great experience for me :) All those gays... hehe yummy! :p

More Info:
    http://www.birminghamgaypride.co.uk/

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

I've been to birmingham a fair bit - it's hardly the height of fantasticness in terms of the scene tbh ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭HerrLipp

Then it's settled, Dale's idea was a bad one and he's going to have a miserable time. ;)

Best of luck Dale! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Dale

HerrLipp wrote:
    Then it's settled, Dale's idea was a bad one and he's going to have a miserable time. ;)

Best of luck Dale! :)
    ... thank you. ¬_¬

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭dermo88

This is likely to be the last Birmingham Pride held in the Hurst Street area of the city, since new apartment developments mean it will move to Cannon Hill Park in 2006. Having lived here for 2 1/2 years, this will be my third one in the town.

Like most pride festivals its a bit of a money guzzler.

The scene - Bars I can recommend:

Glamourous.

This is downstairs on Hurst Street, and will have a lot of live Cabaret acts on. Its likely to get overcrowded though

Missing.

Not as good as it used to be without Lady B around, but IMO the easiest to access since they will open onto the pavement area. Its also next to the fairground.

White Swan

Likely to be the quietest since its at the bottom of the strip. The best place to start or finish a pub crawl.

Clubs -

The Nightingale

Prices get extortionate, I think its £15.00 on the Saturday. Beer will be over £3.00, and served in plastic cups......I Effing hate that. Regarded as the place to be seen.

The Old Fox

A Lesbian Bar, its quite good.

The Village

Nice traditional pub serving Cask Ales, same format as Missing only its layout is more suited to festivals such as Pride.

DV8

A bit like the Gale, but not as trendy.

Saunas -

Unit2. Allegedly the cleanest one I've heard about. The staff are dead friendly and have no attitude, a rare attribute for saunas.

Anyway, I'll be around for any Irish people coming over, let me know, and there are a load of other places that I like to mention. In going the walk from The White Swan to the Jester, you can cover 8 gay venues on the direct route and hopefully still have the energy to go clubbing later. Normally though, I don't go out until 21:00

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

dermo88 wrote:
    Missing.

Not as good as it used to be without Lady B around, but IMO the easiest to access since they will open onto the pavement area. Its also next to the fairground.
    - Isn't this place the rent-boy bar? At least that's what I was told :cool:

Clubs -

The Nightingale

Prices get extortionate, I think its £15.00 on the Saturday. Beer will be over £3.00, and served in plastic cups......I Effing hate that. Regarded as the place to be seen.

- Plastic glasses do indeed suck, but I still like this place :)

DV8

A bit like the Gale, but not as trendy.

- Probably prefer here over the Gale though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭billstraighten

i heard of a pub called the cocks mouth and went looking for it but it was no where to be found

Advertisement