Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Angle on Smackdown: too much??

• 15-05-2005 11:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭

Caught a glimpse of smackdown last night, angle cutting a promo saying he wanted "bestiality sex" with Booker T's wife.

This just didnt sit right with me at all, I thought the comment was bang out of order and switched over as soon as i heard it (luckily Police Squad was on Paramount).

It really smacked of the WWE trying to be waay to controversial, and if any casual fans were watching it they'd have the same reaction I did, they'd turn the fecking thing off.

So saying "bestiality sex" is ok, but saying "sh!t" on a WWE programme isnt?

Anyone else have any views on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

i just found it funny tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

I missed this! Strange choice of words for sure. Not sure how i would feel seeing it on TV, esp. on SD seeing as it is supposed to be the watered down version of the two shows.

It must have been bad to cause the reaction from you though. Was it just a passing comment or was it the purpose of his speech? Did he come out to the ring to say this?

Madness! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

He said it in a backstage interview, he was going on about how bookers wife was a "gutter slut" and that it was one of his pet peeves or something. Then he said he wanted to have sex with her, and not just any type of sex, but "beastiality sex", he hesitated a few times before syaing it. I actually thought it was funny, and at the end of the show it was made clear that he wasn't serious, he only said it to coax booker backstage. You'll know what I mean if you watch SD.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I thought it was funny also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I watched the 5:00 show and all of it :mad:. It also cut off just before kurt when into Booker T's locker room after their match so could anyone tell me what happened next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭RodVelvet

I thought it was a bit too much aswell.I wish it was done like the Rick Rude angle that they did a few years back.I think Ted DiBiase is a roadagent on the smackdown brand so I find it strange since hes become a born again christian that this would sit easily with him.It had the possibility of being a good angle but its just like something Vince Russo would have done.

Stalfos wrote:
    I watched the 5:00 show and all of it :mad:. It also cut off just before kurt when into Booker T's locker room after their match so could anyone tell me what happened next.

He shut the door behind him and bookers wife started screamin' like she was auditioning for scary movie. Booker eventually made his way back to the changing room, he bashed open the door and bookers wife was hunkered down scared sh1tless, angle was not in sight, he hadn't gone near her. While Booker was checking on Sharmell, Kurt reappeared and attacket Booker from behind and just laid him out. He then just ran off and the show fininshed with Sharmell over Booker asking for help.
    It was clear that it was just an act by Angle to ambush Booker like he did, I can't understand why people are so upset about the whole thing, I mean we are warned at the top of the show that "some viewers may find it offensive"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think it is a stupid storyline and I think Smackdown has once again descended into mediocre levels. We've heard Debiase has joined Smackdown to offer ideas. If he's responsible for these latest storylines he should be sacked. The draft can't come soon enough in my opinion. We had Angle going after Booker's wife for some reason, we had Booker's wife screaming like she was being raped, we had Heydenreich making friends with a kid (at least with Eugene it's more believable), we had Eddie Guerrero turn psychotic, we had Matt Morgan, a guy who can't talk properly (despite the fact he had no such problems in his last run) and to top it off...Big Show gets food poisoning from eating an apple! First off, how can you get poisoned as quickly as he did? The food had not even reached his digestive system when he started gagging, and secondly how can a guy like the Big Show be affected by an apple with his size?

All I can say is, Stephanie you are a joke and Vince please bring back Heyman to the writing team! Things better improve with the draft...

I think it is a stupid storyline and I think Smackdown has once again descended into mediocre levels. We've heard Debiase has joined Smackdown to offer ideas. If he's responsible for these latest storylines he should be sacked. The draft can't come soon enough in my opinion. We had Angle going after Booker's wife for some reason, we had Booker's wife screaming like she was being raped, we had Heydenreich making friends with a kid (at least with Eugene it's more believable), we had Eddie Guerrero turn psychotic, we had Matt Morgan, a guy who can't talk properly (despite the fact he had no such problems in his last run) and to top it off...Big Show gets food poisoning from eating an apple! First off, how can you get poisoned as quickly as he did? The food had not even reached his digestive system when he started gagging, and secondly how can a guy like the Big Show be affected by an apple with his size?

All I can say is, Stephanie you are a joke and Vince please bring back Heyman to the writing team! Things better improve with the draft...

Haha, your make a very good point when you put whats actually goin on into words. Although I don't think the Angle/Booker storyline is that bad, and Cena/JBL is just the rematch we all expected, the rest is really poor. Compare it to the writing of 3 or 4 years ago and its a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Go to wwe.com, you can actually see the clip where Angle said that. Bit OTT IMO.

• Advertisement
Advertisement