Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bit weary about using my new Ipod - some questions

Options
  • 15-05-2005 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

Just got an Ipod and I was wondering if its true Apple encrypts all your PC MP3s with a non open source code? I was all set to go till a mate said this to me just now (he swears by his Zen), I dont want any internet messages going back to Apple about my collection either (also rumoured).

Anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

You needn't worry, your existing MP3s on your hard drive stay as they are.

You can set iTunes to convert any music you import to another format such as AAC, Apple Lossless et cetera (AAC is set as the default format in: Edit - Preferences - Importing, so just change that to MP3 before you start). If you were to buy a song(s) from the iTunes music store, it would have digital rights management included.

I wouldn't say that Apple care what's in your music collection, once they have a system in place to stop distribution of the music you buy from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Cheers

Advertisement