Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash Back!! Ahhhh Haaaa!

Options
  • 15-05-2005 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Took fifteen euro from some of the lads last night after a six hour pro session!! Berries. Won 60 euro in a tournament another time.

Anyone else profit from the greatest game of all time??

Or does anyone here on boards wanna put their money where their mouth is!?!

Come on il even play using YOUR dodgy second joypad (everyone has one!!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I play you and let you pick my team.....

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Ooooh... I'd love a nice tourny. You guys talking online or ps2?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

I win small when I'm sober, and lose big when I'm pissed. It's a bad habit.
    I'd probably play in a tournament if one was set up though, especially if there's money involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Won 30 euro off a friend in a best out of 7. And when I was in another lads house I won 20, then he went double or quits which I won, then he went double or quits on the 40 euro (yes, we were quite drunk), which went to penalties. I let him buy out of the penalties for 20. I didn't want to take that much money off him.

The intensity of the matches when there's money at stake is great.

My friends group of friends like the oul gamble too, double or quits ended up at either €260 or €360, but the guy won it and it was quits :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Someone with a big house in city should organise somfin, i sick of you bastards not showing up for games so i aint :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

PS2 or Xbox though? I'm absolutly muck when playing with an Xbox joypad.

Has to be ps2:D please..

I wouldnt mind going to a tourny. May be able to bring a few friends too! Would be good fun.

Kdjac, have you tried to organise one in your place before? if you are again, send me a pm just incase I miss the thread!

cormie wrote:
    Has to be ps2:D please..

I wouldnt mind going to a tourny. May be able to bring a few friends too! Would be good fun.

Kdjac, have you tried to organise one in your place before? if you are again, send me a pm just incase I miss the thread!

I have it on PC hooked up to 32" WS , i would do it maybe just 4 or 8 but whenever anything is organised noone bloody shows.

Using a hotel isnt financially viable unless you have 32 + players.
    I also need money so this would be an easy way to make by whomping all your asses.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I'll play, the game is better on the xbox imo, but its easier for an xbox player to play on ps2, than the other way around.

That said, imagine playing an unpatched ps2 version :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

TOPDAWG wrote:
    Come on il even play using YOUR dodgy second joypad (everyone has one!!)

So so true. I got a joypad with my ps2 and got anouther 2 weeks later. I instinctively swapped the first pad for the new second one, even though it was only 2 weeks old and nothing wrong with it. Im so sad tbh. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

KdjaC wrote:
    I have it on PC hooked up to 32" WS , i would do it maybe just 4 or 8 but whenever anything is organised noone bloody shows.

Using a hotel isnt financially viable unless you have 32 + players.
    I also need money so this would be an easy way to make by whomping all your asses.

kdjac

OMG If u get this sorted before June 1'st(i go away for four months then) I am there...seriously.

cheesedude wrote:
    OMG If u get this sorted before June 1'st(i go away for four months then) I am there...seriously.

you be going away poor mate :)

Cormie felt the force ............

kdjac

DAMN! I am gonna miss my pro evo when I am away. Right now, I am at my peak...I will not be this good after a four month break..not at all!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

my cousin informed me that if you score with your keeper, whoever you're playing against must pay you a tenner.

i couldnt believe how much faster pes4 on the ps2 is than we8 on the pc.

Nephew wrote:

i couldnt believe how much faster pes4 on the ps2 is than we8 on the pc.

Your pc must have a problem, runs a hell of a lot faster on PCs with no slowdown at all.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

believe me its not my pc, its fairly high spec. i even tested it on a few other pcs and the ps2 version just seems faster.

btw thanks for the instructions on the other thread.

The ps2 version is way quicker!!!!

Kdjac u play it on 800*600 on pc don't ya? Or u used to anyway?

cheesedude wrote:
    The ps2 version is way quicker!!!!

Kdjac u play it on 800*600 on pc don't ya? Or u used to anyway?

1280*960 with 9800XT runs perfect not a hint of slowdown even with the high res textures from Wolf patches.

Only slowdown most ppl have is with control but using USB 2.0 slots for gamepads sorts that.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

this could be easily organised could it not?
    all sign up here first.. we draw out a table in advance (about 12/16players)
    ..each transfers a 10er into an account.. everyone must show to have a chance at winning their money back! :) easy

although a central location is needed.. how does monaghan sound? :p

• Advertisement

I organising somfin for saturday, few select players (ie ppl with more money than me)

Will try 6 peeps on sat afternoon.

kdjac

I can not believe this. For saturday! Damn! I would have gone if i was not going away! :(:(

Advertisement