Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modulus

Options
  • 15-05-2005 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭

Anybody know how to find the modulus of something on a sharp calculator EL-531Rh?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

I'd say stick to doing moduli in your head...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

I agree. It's not that difficult.

I'm keeping my calcualtor's advanced functions for Caluclus, Probability, Statistics & Matrices.

huh, I avoid using my calculator as much as I can, only when I have to do I use it.

Me too! Calculators only slow you down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

hmm, anyone have any good tricks, that would help verifiy answers? I always imagine the teachers hiding tricks from us, that would help in an exam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Diffentiate your answers to check integrals, that's fool proof. Other than that, you can always stick points into equations of lines, stuff like that?

Also, your calculator can find means, standard deviation, standard errors, all that crap. You'll have to do it manually in the exam but if you learn how to do all this, you can check your answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭sarahg_angel69

can any body tell me how to find the standard deviation on the calculator sharp-el 531vh and anything to do with statistics!!! thanks!! pm me if you want!! be really appriciated!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭lestats_bride

i only use mine to do fractions!because i HATE fractions ever since i started then in second class.*bad shudders*

Oh and to do numbers to the power of big numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭chickens

TimAy wrote:
    hmm, anyone have any good tricks, that would help verifiy answers? I always imagine the teachers hiding tricks from us, that would help in an exam.

You use Pascals Triangle in Ireland? we use it for choosing at home as we no use calculator. Basically it is here. If you want 5 choose 3 you go to 5th line and go in 4 (0,1,2,3,4..)

here: http://mathworld.wolfram.com/PascalsTriangle.html
    You see how it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

i only use mine to do fractions!because i HATE fractions ever since i started then in second class.*bad shudders*

Oh and to do numbers to the power of big numbers.
    I now exatly how you feel,
    in the end i found the manual so its all good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

chickens- pascals triangle is mentioned to on the course here but doesnt make any notacable diffrence when you can just whip it up on a calculator in 3 seconds ;)

also....im sure its easier to learn how to do modulus in your head than to do it on a calculator

Pascal's triangle is for babies tbh. My old maths teacher despised it!

tbh?

I find it good (say that I have not got into using calculator). If I do borrow calculator it good way of check. I suppose it depend, if you like calculator it not use if you not like calculator it use.

tbh - to be honest

Thank you.

Advertisement