Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with router, or adapter?

• 15-05-2005 3:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭

I just bought and installed a Buffalo WLI2-PCI-G54S-3 and tried to use it alongside a Netopia 3347W Wireless router.

However at no point could the adapter connect to the network, the furthest it got was attempting to obtain an IP address and about 90% of the time it couldnt locate the wireless network at all, despite the fact that the router was placed beside the PC and the laptop downstairs was able to connect to it.

I tried moving the router (downstairs) and I turned off the laptop but still to no avail. I have the latest drivers for the adapter as well.

Is the adapter a lost cause?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭dl

I had a similar experience recently with a PCMCIA card, I needed to set my signal to broadcast before it would connect..!

Also if you are using encryption, turn it off and see how you get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hi,
    I also have a Netopia 3347W Wireless router, so I'll give you some helpful hints if I can.

I'm basing this info on the manual of the WLI2-PCI-G54S, and my knowledge of the 3347W.
    In the Client Manager Configuration (of the WLI2-PCI-G54S), goto the Status Page, and look at the MAC address, and take note of it.

Then goto the Netopia 3347W Home Page, and click on "Expert Mode", then goto "Configure", then to "LAN", and then to "Wireless", and then to "Advanced", and then to "MAC Authorization", and add the MAC address from above.

=-=

Also, ensure that the SSID from the "Survey Page", in the
    Client Manager Configuration (of the WLI2-PCI-G54S) is the same as the SSID in the "802.11 Wireless Settings", in Configure>LAN>Wireless section of the "3347W" section.

=-=

To get to the
    Netopia 3347W Home Page, the IP is usually http://192.168.1.254/

Advertisement