Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Courses?

Options
  • 15-05-2005 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭

Could anyone recommend any decent sites where you can get online certificates as a head start. (currently doing comp sci degree) want to cover a few things, I know Fás offer courses but is there any other places where I can get reliable courses at affordable (student) prices. (e.g. Microsoft Cert or whatever.) Is there any certs u recommend getting to a prospective graduate :)

[Sorry if this is not programming related move to comp forum if u want.]

EDIT: Just noticed the other topic in computers forum, sorry :D Delete this plz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

You looking for free or pay to use?

Two sites I recommend.

www.selftestsoftware.com - Used these guys for 4 of my Domino exams (and plan for 3 more).

www.whizlabs.com - Used these for my java exams. Not bad. I would certainly recommend the Java SCP1.4 and also do the J2EE ones.

Those are mocks stuff, a lot of actual certificates are done through prometric website. www.prometric.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

I'd be interested in knowing if anyone has done the eLearning course with FAS in VB.NET and what they thought of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Jaggeh tried one of them. I got to look over his shoulder. It was ok, a typical CBT course TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

cheers for the posts lads, might do them in fas or the ones Hobbes recommended. I dont mind paying tbh. I know there is certain different courses like company specific, country recognisied and internationally recognised. I'll do some more reasearch on this any maybe add some feedback at some stage. Might hit the careers in college too to see what they recommend.

Advertisement