Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

geog fieldtrip!!

Options
  • 15-05-2005 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

ok its a geog question but not to do with regions i have my regions sorted (i hope)
    its the fieldtrip question now i assume that like 95% of people(doing geog!!)wil do that question ok its to do with part (iv)results and conclusions : ok i have six physical aims so im doing six results but all my results and concs are like an a4 page long and then if i have to show how i presented my info i have a graph and a table but i feel this is way too long wat are yers like ????????????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Lol. My whole field work is 1 page long, and i know it will get full marks if i learn it! Sum them up with mathematical notes and stuff, then say how yes OR no this agrees with your theorys and aims. Im doing 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

When you are answering the Field Study question, make sure to answer what you are asked, not what you have learned off. It might seem obvious, but many many students lose marks through not answering the actual question asked, and just whacking down stuff they have learned off.

It's worth taking a few minutes to jot down points for each section of the question before you launch into writing it. There can be subtle differences between the question you are being asked and the 'answer' you have learned off, so be careful.
    Best of luck to you all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 shelleEire

im not really sure how long its supposed to be but id say bout 5 pages? ... its important to have it clear n answer wat uv asked.. spot on. practice writing it out n time urself (not that iv done that yet!!) but.. dats wat we wer told.. dont let ursefl fall short of time.. its a sure 25%.. its dat rite gud!! wat regional countries are u learning.. any ideas on possible questions?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

graph actually only gives 5 marks seems a bit mad for all the time it takes!! and it really is based on quality not quantity and make sure u can write it in the time provided!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

oh and first 4 parts are always the same in honours only ever change the fifth bit!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Da_IRISH_ONE4U

You'd be a fool not to do the fieldwork question. Approximately 80% of the students doing geography did the fieldwork question last year of which the average score for this question was 79%. Thats brilliant when you consider that the average score for the Regional section was only about 52%.

For our fieldwork question we have three aims;

1. To measure the velocity of the River Aille at both its youthful and mature stage.

2. To measure and compare the coarseness of the bedload material within the Aille at its Upper and Middle stage.

3. To draw a cross sectional area of the Aille at the youthful and mature stage.

Its really pointless having alot of aims. When writing under preparation you must write a paragraph about how you prepared for EACH individual aim. The same has to be done right through. Remember people, we have only got approximately 45minutes to do this question. I know in my fieldwork question, i am going to really quickly going to draw 3 tables, to show how i recorded all the information. I have no plan nor intention to draw anything else.

Advertisement