Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chronicles Of Riddick

Options
  • 15-05-2005 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

I get this error when I try to run the game.

"the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). click OK to terminate application."

any ideas ? The dmeo requires xp service pack 1 ( I think ) could it be the same for the game itself ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I dident even know this game was on PC, I have it for the Xbox and its great.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I dident even know this game was on PC, I have it for the Xbox and its great.

Loads of help Donkey, cheers ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,901 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Tusky,

Is there a file referenced anywhere in it? The title of the error message box or anything?

EDIT: Must be an EXE referenced somewhere in it if it says 'the application...' and if no file referenced in it, what file did you click to run it which provided the error?

EDIT 2: Ensure you have Service Pack 2 installed. Very important!!

Is the file 'Sbzengine.exe' quoted in the error message? If so.. try all of the following at this link!

Best of luck with it... let me know if you solve it!

basquille wrote:
    Tusky,

Is there a file referenced anywhere in it? The title of the error message box or anything?

EDIT: Must be an EXE referenced somewhere in it if it says 'the application...' and if no file referenced in it, what file did you click to run it which provided the error?

EDIT 2: Ensure you have Service Pack 2 installed. Very important!!

Is the file 'Sbzengine.exe' quoted in the error message? If so.. try all of the following at this link!

Best of luck with it... let me know if you solve it!

Whoooops,
    Yeah "Sbzengine.exe" is in the title box. Doesnt SP2 mess around with friewall etc and complicate bittorrent ? I dont have it installed.4

[edit] installing SP1 and I'll see if it works...if it doesnt I'll install SP2. Cheers for help.

Tusky wrote:
    Whoooops,
    Yeah "Sbzengine.exe" is in the title box. Doesnt SP2 mess around with friewall etc and complicate bittorrent ? I dont have it installed.4

[edit] installing SP1 and I'll see if it works...if it doesnt I'll install SP2. Cheers for help.
    I've had no problems with BitTorrent or Firewall with SP2 involved. It's really your call as i have heard of various problems with SP2.

Give SP1 a go.. it might actually work as according to the minimum system requirements:
    * Windows(R) 2000 (Service Pack 4) / Windows(R) XP (Service Pack 1)

• Advertisement

Working since I installed service pack 1. Wow,its faaaar better than I expected. Seems to be a really good game...does the quality dip after the opening or does it stay that high ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Tusky wrote:
    Working since I installed service pack 1. Wow,its faaaar better than I expected. Seems to be a really good game...

Good to hear cos I'm planning on getting me this.

Demo really wowed me.

Good to hear cos I'm planning on getting me this.

Demo really wowed me.

tis very polished and the graphics are jaw dropping... only problems Im having is that I find it quite jerky even though my machine is well up to it. Also the hitboxs are a bit off.

Heard it's an excellent game alright!

Glad to see you got it working anyways, Tusky!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I plaied it there a few months ago. I have to say, its a fantastic game. To answer the question, no the game play doesn't dip. It just gets harder :D

PS.. wait till you get the gatling gun off one of the walkers.... tons of fun to be had

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Funny how this game came out to no fanfare whatsoever that I heard of despite giving me the impression that it's really really good. I think lots of ppl see it and think movie conversion, it must be muck.

Oh I also love the close up hand to hand kills. Something about driving ones knee into the face of a guard and hearing that crunch is just soooo satisfying :D

Advertisement