Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a good deal for a psp?

Options
  • 15-05-2005 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

217 Dollars for brand new Sony PSP Value Pack:

a7_1.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

thats a great deal tbh. american or japanese?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Japanese...

I thought it was a good deal too...

tbh i went onto ebay to buy a pair of Bono shades(the d&g ones) since I am going away all summer and cos they look so cool and I ended up buying a psp instead! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Have you got a link?

Cheers.

Yeah sure, just go to ebay.com and type in "sony psp japan". The seller is miraclezone168.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

cheesedude wrote:
    Yeah sure, just go to ebay.com and type in "sony psp japan". The seller is miraclezone168.
    it's a nice price but why the $60 for shipping?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

coz they dont pay ebay a % of the shipping only a % of the money for the item so if they can make more money this way.

Cremo wrote:
    it's a nice price but why the $60 for shipping?

I don't mind really. I get to track it and still save a lot of cash!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

cheesedude wrote:
    I don't mind really. I get to track it and still save a lot of cash!
    Not really inc. shipping that will cost €27 more than when it launchs over here. Did he say he would mark it down?

Yeah he did.

How much are they going to be sold here? I wanted the Japanese one as well for the movies.

€250 here. No guarntee that UMD regions will be the same as DVD regions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

If it is second hand you could check out
    http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3616
    cause they are selling new Jap PSP for €220 with €40 shipping to Ireland (€260). Plus they have a range of games from US and Jap with free shipping

(no I don't work for Lik Sang, just giving another option :) )

AFAIK from the lik-sang web page the Jap and Eur UMD regions are the same (just like DVD)s

Where on earth will it be 250Euro here????????

Because :confused:

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Because :confused:

I heard they are 350Euro when they are launched here and that is for the normal pack without the extras.

Play.com have it for 320euro delivered with no accessories.

Where are you getting 250Euro for it from? It is wrong.

Original pricing was said to be 250Euro but that was a month ago. It won't be that in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I seriously doubt Japanese PSP's will be able to play European film UMDs. People are assuming that they will follow the path of DVDs but it's a new media and I can't see why Sony would make them compatable.

From eurogamer:

"PlayStation Portable will launch in Europe on September 1st, Sony finally announced this week. Customers will be able to buy a PSP "Value Pack" for £179 (€249) from that date.

The Value Pack consists of a PSP, a spongy pouch for keeping it clean and dry, a 32MB Memory Stick Duo for storing save data and small amounts of media, a battery pack, headphone unit with remote control, ACE adapter, fake-leather wrist strap, a cloth and a video/music/game sampler UMD.

As with the US launch, a number of early adopters will also receive a UMD copy of the film Spider-Man 2, although this will have to be claimed via the www.yourpsp.com website. In the US, it was bundled with the first million units of the system sold."

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭m4cker

i got an identical press release in work in xtravision which gives a concrete release date here of september 1st at the weekend.

Damn! I didn't know that! Where did i get this 350euro figure from!?

Advertisement