Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy 7 tips

Options
  • 15-05-2005 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,345 ✭✭✭✭

hey lads ill be getting the excellent final fantasy 7 in the post soon just wondering can any one give me tips and secrets

i played before on a old ps1 but its been very long time since then

if i remember right i had big trouble beating the first boss,i think he was a robot boss,ye he was.any advice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

http://www.the-spoiler.com/RPG/Square/final.fantasy7.4.html

Good headstart but if you havnt completed it yet then dont use a guide or itll ruin it

• Registered Users Posts: 54,345 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

thanks alot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

The big robot scorpion? Actually this is my chance to find out: Did anyone else think Cloud was telling you to attack the thing(rather than to hold off) when it put it's tail up? I dunno if it was bad translating or misunderstanding, but the first time I played I thought it was time to lay into it before it used it's laser.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

when i first got the game i played it without saving, and sailed past the scorpion boss. Then, when i actually went to play the game properly, it took me at least a week to get past him, cos i never paid attention to what was being said... :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Crucifix wrote:
    The big robot scorpion? Actually this is my chance to find out: Did anyone else think Cloud was telling you to attack the thing(rather than to hold off) when it put it's tail up? I dunno if it was bad translating or misunderstanding, but the first time I played I thought it was time to lay into it before it used it's laser.

Yes. It was another very famous example of FFVII's dire translation, 'Off course!' :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

legend game.

Crucifix wrote:

I got that problem, i think it said,
    "Barrett
    Attack when its tail is up, or itll counterattack with it lasers" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

AlcoholicA wrote:
    legend game.

Ditto.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I got that problem, i think it said,
    "Barrett
    Attack when its tail is up, or itll counterattack with it lasers" :rolleyes:

so im not the only one...

using a guide with FFVII is sort of like someone ruining the end of a film for you, you ll get much better fun and enjoyment without one

grimloch wrote:
    so im not the only one...

using a guide with FFVII is sort of like someone ruining the end of a film for you, you ll get much better fun and enjoyment without one

True...

But some stuff like chocobos and EMERALD/RUBY are near impossible without one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Anyone know of any other summons, apart from Chocomog and Odin, that have varients?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,345 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

just got ff7 in the post

i was just about to save my game and guess what it wont save on to my ps2 memory card

ill try again

but is this strange

farohar wrote:
    Anyone know of any other summons, apart from Chocomog and Odin, that have varients?

No theyre the only ones but ALEXANDER occasionally skips the vid for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

just got ff7 in the post

i was just about to save my game and guess what it wont save on to my ps2 memory card

ill try again

but is this strange
    I've been unable to save ANY ps1 game to ps2 memory card, HAVE to use a ps1 memory card...

Never got me a ps2 but surely if the games are compatible the memory cards are...Are you using an official memory card?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Ive always been led to believe that you need a PS1 memory card to save PS1 games and visa versa for PS2 games...

Have Sony released any info in the backward compatability of the PS3 with ps2/1

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Off topic but... According to the video I watched about it (from E3) it's supposed to be fully backwardly compatible.

As for PS1 games on a PS2? I'm surprised about the memory cards. Quite annoying really. Gotta make sure I find a PS1 card if I ever manage to get a job and buy a PS2!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

the memory card thing annoys me to no end, but yeah ps1 games on a ps2 but still need the old ps1 memory card, which are a b!tch to find these days
    But some stuff like chocobos and EMERALD/RUBY are near impossible without one

i meant not using a guide for story and all that jazz

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

You can't save PS1 saves directly onto a PS2 memory card but in the PS2 browser you can transfer the PS1 saves to a PS2 memory card. It's the PS1 games themselves that dont recognise PS2 memory cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Getting some sleep is a good bit of advice nobody ever told me.

Advertisement