Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

question about kill bill

• 15-05-2005 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭

so I was watchin kill bill vol 1. last night and during the anime sequence - the origins of o-ren ishii, it shows a guy killing her parents.. the guy looks remarkably like Bill- not just physically, but he also has the same sword, rings and a hankerchief...
    Seems odd but intriguing! What does anyone else think...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

That was boss matsumoto. not bill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Ms Beanbag

It deffo wasnt. He was the fat bald guy and he had henchmen to do the killings for him anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Boss Matsumoto was the old guy with the cough who killed O-Ren's mum, his henchman killed O-Ren's dad. I don't know for sure if it was supposed to be Bill nut knowing Tarantino's penchant for having characters overlapping from one story to the next, and indeed one movie to the next I'd guess that it was.
    Well spotted!
    R.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Ye i had this conversation before some ppl belive its bill when he was younger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

apparently david caradine was asked about this and he said that yes that is Bill however Tarantino denied it in another interview

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Dont Ban Me

I think it was Bill!! Start a poll...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Ms Beanbag wrote:
    the guy looks remarkably like Bill- not just physically, but he also has the same sword, rings and a hankerchief...
    The guy in the animation is clearly Asian.

And also, they're not the same rings. The guy wears a skull ring on his left hand in the animation. Bill only wears a solid gold band on his right hand, in Kill Bill 2 at least.

Yes, I just checked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Ms Beanbag wrote:
    It deffo wasnt. He was the fat bald guy and he had henchmen to do the killings for him anyway
    What?! Matsumoto had hair with one shaved line in it and he killed the mother himself, the guy in the grey suit killed the father.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Saviour_Angel

D wrote:
    What?! Matsumoto had hair with one shaved line in it and he killed the mother himself, the guy in the grey suit killed the father.

Ms Beanbag was right and you just proved it for her.
    You said that the guy in the grey suit was the one that killed her father, IE, Bill
    Ms Beanbag was saying that Bill was there during the anime....

The guy in the grey suit has the same suit and ring as Bill... Therefore he is Bill... Also in an interview D.Caradine said that it was him that was protraied in the anime.. !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Does anyone know if/when they are planning on releasing a box set of the two movies?

I know Tarintion mentioned before that has was going to put the Asian version of the movie on DVD as well.

Anyone know of any sites that detail upcoming DVD releases?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Does anyone know if/when they are planning on releasing a box set of the two movies?

I know Tarintion mentioned before that has was going to put the Asian version of the movie on DVD as well.

Anyone know of any sites that detail upcoming DVD releases?

Thanks
    I know that they released a boxset of the two films as a HMV Exclusive.. but it's just the one-disc editions with shag-all extras!

Didn't Miramax say at one point that they were releasing like 6 different releases of the DVD?..... yeah, i'm right! Found this here: http://www.filmrot.com/articles/news/004557.php. A bit outdated though regarding releases, i think! Article was written end of April 2004.
    ..Graham points out that Miramax is currently planning to release six different DVD releases of Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill, noting that Miramax COO Rick Sands recently told the New York Times: "Vol. 1 goes out, Vol. 2 goes out, then Vol. 1 Special Edition, Vol. 2 Special Edition, the two-pack, then the Tarantino collection as a boxed set for Christmas. ... It's called multiple bites at the apple." Graham predicts that the public will soon wise up to the fact that it's being exploited, observing: "Studio suits would do well to remember the hard lessons learned by the record industry. As CD prices inexplicably increased year after year, some fans turned to peer-to-peer downloading services ... for their music fix. The music industry has been crying foul ever since and suing the very people it wants to purchase its product."

For those not in the know, the release schedule that Miramax have planned in order to milk every single penny out of Tarantino's fourth/fifth movie is rumoured to look a little something like this:

APRIL:
    Vol 1 "vanilla" release.
    Vol 2 cinema release.

MAY/JUNE:
    KB linear all in one rumoured to premiere at Cannes.

NOV:
    Vol 2 "vanilla" release.
    Vol 1 Special Edition.
    KB linear all in one rumoured limited cinema release.

DEC/JAN:
    KB linear all in one DVD release.
    Miramax/Tarantino complete boxset of all of his films in two disc special editions for each title!
    Vol 2 Special Edition.

SUMMER 2005:
    Anime Prequel of Bill / DiVA adventures

Advertisement