Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiat Punto Problems!

Options
  • 15-05-2005 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Just bought a 95 punto ElX. I nothing about cars. It has very low milage and i got a good deal, but its leaking oil, has a very temprimental gearbox and has a strange noise coming from the exaust if you reach high revs in first or second gear oh and one other thing- The car shakes a lot especially in the steering when you reach 120km/h
    Does anyone else out there have these problems and if yes is there anyway to fix them yourself

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

pdid wrote:
    The car shakes a lot especially in the steering when you reach 120km/h

This is tracking or balance, can't remember which. Had a similar problem before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

nearly all puntos leak oil,prob needs a new rocker cover gasket,only a few quid in motor factors,
    wheels prob need balancing
    & exhaust sounds like it needs replacing.
    my G/F had a '94 punto(55) leaked oil all the time :confused: also the exhausts are expensive enough for puntos.
    hope this helps you out a bit ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

Stay away from Fiat. My brother in law bought a 97 Marea estate - nice enough looking car, but it's going to ****; gear box problems, rattles in the front, sun roof leaking...

Fiat = Fix It Again Tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

the shaking could also be the bushings needing replacing..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pdid

Cheers for the help people

• Advertisement
Advertisement