Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Babyshambles!

Options
  • 15-05-2005 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭

Well who went? What did yis think.I still cant believe that the bily idol lookalike of a security gaurd boxed that guy.If I was Pete I would have walked off in a huff too.Feckin security dudes on power rushes..... :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Which guy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

Just some poor sod who was moshin' a bit too much for the security fellas likin'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

from hotpress.com

16 May 2005

Hot Press' Babyshambles correspondent Steve Cummins reports from the Trinity Ball and the Ambassador Theatre

Pete Doherty Watchers had a field day at the weekend with the ever-shambolic Babyshambles singer appearing at the Trinity Ball and Dublin's Ambassador Theatre on consecutive nights.

Although parents of Trinity students had ample cause for concern, it was Doherty's Saturday night headliner at the Ambassador that proved the most hazardous experience, with reports of skirmishes between security personnel and members of the audience.

According to Hot Press' Steve Cummins, a seasoned Doherty Watcher who was in attendance for both Babyshambles appearances, the ruckus erupted during the song 'Wolf Man', when Doherty attempted to bring people onto the stage:

"Pete got very angry when he saw a skirmish down below between security and his fans. He threw his mic down at one of the bouncers and then he jumped down and reportedly started hitting one of the bouncers. His manager and one of the roadies had to pull him back onto the stage," says Cummins.

Earlier in the night there were doubts as to whether the Babyshambles singer would even be joining his band. Cummins recounts:

"Doherty had kept the crowd waiting long enough and the general feeling, about an hour after the support band came off stage, was that he wasn't going to show. When he did the place went mad. The gig itself was amazing, and certainly a vast improvement on the previous night at Trinity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Sweetness!

Hey Spiderlegs I went and I thought it was great but my two mates left me with some weird french guy for awhile I thought that was kinda mean..
    but apat from that it was a great night, the highlight for me must of been when they played **** Forever the crowd went mad!! Does anyone know if their gona be playing Oxegen or any other gigs in Ireland??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

Well I do think it would be DEADLY if they played oxegen.Yeah,there were some weird guys at that gig,but some very nice ones too, I lost my phone there and some guy found it and gave it back to me the very next day! Thank you kind man :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement