Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funeral For A Friend

Options
  • 15-05-2005 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭

Any fans here? Anyone goin to see these guys at the Ambassador in June? Gonna be great, A Static Lullaby and Bullet For My Valentine are supporting. I couldnt believe the tickets were only 25.00 quid!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

Cant frikkin wait. They were pretty damn good last year, hope its more of the same this year. Bullet are ok. Cries In Vein is ****in amazing, but I dont like the rest of the mini albumn that much. And Ive never listened to A Silent Lullaby. Any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

I only have 2 ASL songs, but I like 'em, they're less metal/more punk than Bullet. Bullet actually have some awful lyrics to be honest! You heard much of the new FFAF stuff yet?

Ha! Yeah, I cringe when listening to Bullet. The new albumn is supposed to me more of the same, only more "mature". Ive no idea what they mean by that. Sonny is supposed to be a departure from the norm though. Mad heavy guitars with a real soft vocal. Other than that, I believe there are no suprises. But why fix what aint broken, right?

Yeah absolutely. I've heard Streetcar, and I wasnt all that impressed, but if Roses For The Dead is any indication, then the album'll be great. You a fan of Thrice at all?

No, Ive been meaning to give 'em a listen. Meant to pick up an albumn yesterday. Theyre headin for even bigger things under U2's manager now. Supposedly anyway. Have you listened to As I Lay Dying? Brilliant stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭funeral_forever

hehe yeah they are ace i was going to go see them in leeds but they sold out boo hoo bullet for my valentine arnt my cuppa t although they have some good songs xxxkirstyxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Drevin Fairy

Cant wait, i think i will explode
    Roll on 22nd

Just checked out A Static Lullaby. Man, that's good stuff. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Can't wait for their new album, i've only heard Street Car so far! I wanna go see them at the Ambassador but dunno if I am yet!

I really like Four Word by BFMV, i haven't heard anything by A Static Lullaby

It sucks they won't serve alcohol at the gig....nothing like a coupla cold ones when listenin to F4AF...
    Havent heard As I Lay Dying....sounds like a real emo kind of name...Yeh you should def check out Thrice, especially if you like FFAF. "The Artist In The Ambulance" is an incredible album.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

Looking forward to it myself. Saw Bullet for my valentine supporting 36 crazyfists. Twas an excellent gig...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 doomsdayjeezuz

i heard a band called Gratitude are playin too, i saw it on a site........ sh*t! can't remeber where, i'll look it up and get back to ye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 doomsdayjeezuz

HA! found it! check it out.......

http://www.skynet.ie/~lobo/music/index.shtml

i'm just goin for BFMV!!

Aw man, when were 36CF here!? I fookin love 'em. As I Lay Dying isn't as emo as bullet or ffaf, who arent incredibly emo anyway. S'metal really. Good stuff. Check it out. Like Shadows Fall. Damn I'd love to see 36CF....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 rootofallevil

thought they were pretyy crap atin the point last year, wouldn't go even if was free

HA! found it! check it out.......

http://www.skynet.ie/~lobo/music/index.shtml

i'm just goin for BFMV!!

hmm...toss up, who do i want to see more, BFMV or FFAF??
    Why do there have to be soo many good welsh bands???
    Not fair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Gratitude were supposed to be playing but they had to cancel, so they are not supporting FFAF at the Dublin and Belfast shows

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

FoaF are ok, I have Casually Dressed and Deep In Conversation, it's got some great tunes but their lyrics are very childish.

Won't be goin to the concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

Where can ye hear Roses for the Dead.....heard them play it live last year at Leeds and man, they were awesome!

This shall be my 4th time seeing them, best band in the world in my opinion!

Street Car is a radio friendly song and the new album is only going to be 10% screamo and 90% melody....not too happy with that statement, but cannot wait!

Hurry up....22nd yeah baby!

Lads, where is everyone finding these songs? Illegally i presume but still, wanna let me in on the secret??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I'm goin.It should be good.I'm lookin' forward to BFMV more than FFAF to
    be honest.And i'm not impressed by FFAF's new song at all

Advertisement