Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drunk-ometer

Options
  • 15-05-2005 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭

Hey all! :D
    It's coming to that "exams almost over" time of the year again and next weekend I plan to get incredibly drunk and go dancing! Wohoo! :D
    Anywho,when a certain level of drunkeness hits,I tend to request "Billie Jean" and begin to moonwalk etc. At this stage my friends can guage my drunkeness by the standard and amount of "flashy" moves I attempt! :rolleyes:

So I'm wondering what everyone else's drunken party pieces are?
    Do you sing a particular song or start over-using a certain phrase or is it just a swifty dash to the bathroom for you? :p
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I'm the one you can find trying to strangle the DJ, who for some odd reason decided to start playing "Billy Jean" right in the middle of breaks/D'n'B night...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

From what I recall, i suddenly become a debonair superman, incapable of doing anything wrong. Other people tell me otherwise, but i'm not going to take there word for it, they were drunk at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

LadyJ wrote:
    Hey all! :D
    It's coming to that "exams almost over" time of the year again and next weekend I plan to get incredibly drunk and go dancing! Wohoo! :D
    Anywho,when a certain level of drunkeness hits,I tend to request "Billie Jean" and begin to moonwalk etc. At this stage my friends can guage my drunkeness by the standard and amount of "flashy" moves I attempt! :rolleyes:

Do you sing a particular song or start over-using a certain phrase or is it just a swifty dash to the bathroom for you? :p
    hey!! my friend can d o the moonwalk sober.
    And ill be good this weekend im not gonna drink anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

jezza wrote:
    hey!! my friend can d o the moonwalk sober.
    And ill be good this weekend im not gonna drink anymore
    Oh I can do it sober,I just choose not to! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

At a motorcycle rally in Lisdoonvarna a couple of years back, I'm told that when the band started playing Back In Black by AC/DC, I drowned them out. AND did a better job of it. Bloody off-licences and their accursed low low prices making a fool of me...

• Advertisement

Sarky wrote:
    At a motorcycle rally in Lisdoonvarna a couple of years back, I'm told that when the band started playing Back In Black by AC/DC, I drowned them out. AND did a better job of it. Bloody off-licences and their accursed low low prices making a fool of me...
    Teehee,quality! :p
    I had a mate who constantly used to scream "Get the beers into ya!" when drunk........ CONSTANTLY! :mad:
    We had to have an intervention!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

when i get drunk i start fights with people who bang into me on the dance floor....i mean come on like, its a dancefloor, every1 bangs into some1 at some point, but alas, when i'm drunk i just want to slap them!
    got into quite a bit of trouble too...but its all good!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

i put my fist in my mouth or jump off somthing stupid oh oh or slide down the stairs in a slleping bag. race each other it's nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

There is this old lady in K2 in Howth that always dances with her arm out everywhere while practically doin the splits like some jackie chan move.. We do that sometimes ;)

and on holidays we developed a spit roast joke were we go up to ppl and go on one leg and advance towards them with are asses(trousers on now mind)

If ur ever in a nightclub and someone is gettin roasted by a group of lads then its probably us :)

Atlas_IRL wrote:
    There is this old lady in K2 in Howth that always dances with her arm out everywhere while practically doin the splits like some jackie chan move.. We do that sometimes ;)

and on holidays we developed a spit roast joke were we go up to ppl and go on one leg and advance towards them with are asses(trousers on now mind)

If ur ever in a nightclub and someone is gettin roasted by a group of lads then its probably us :)
    Yeah think I saw you guys on "Crimeline" :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

danniemcq wrote:
    slide down the stairs in a slleping bag
    thats good fun when sober.
    when i was younger. obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

I give every girl I know a small kiss on the lips. It can be a bit annoying the next day though when people go " I cant believe you were with your one" :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I teach people how to count to 31 on one hand. Actually that just happened once.
    I guess it's woeful headbanging, singing and airguitaring for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

a guy and when i'm drunk i can do the full splits(But only after copious ammounts of time with my good friend Al Cohol, sometimes uses the alias Jack Daniels)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

When I'm drunk, I start climbing stuff......

...... and dancing like a tit although people tell me I'm not so bad when I'm soberish, I know that when I wear the beer suit. I most certainly am not.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Stick a spoon up my nose (ala the thread here a while ago)

Sing **** Her Gently by Tenacious D to some foxy lady

Sing some old irish/trad/rebel songs if im with an older crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

I climb flagpoles and other objects..... never good.....

I also get very talkative.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Atlas_IRL wrote:

AAAAHH Annie Lennox! that lady's so cool. saw her in town once in a coffee shop pretending to be normal.

You know I'm drunk when I txt someone nearby saying "I'm drunk !". I don't know why I do it, I really don't.

And there was the time I tried to fry sausages with Fairy washing up liquid. That's still a classic.

One thing I've always wanted to happen is wake up in a tree. Might try it after exams.

Personal best drunk quote ever[while squeeezing my chin in deep thought]: "I think that my chin is... a little bit hard and.. a little bit soft... but mostly hard...hmmmmm"

/gaze into distance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

Well my party peice is "I'm a azzHole" by God , better known as Denis Leary.

Or Just about any monty python song . remember at one crimbo party at a friends house i started singing "Every sperm is sacred" and his uncle went bright red .. found out later on that he's a Preist.....

Or singing the "Sexual Desises" song at my friends 21st ( he had gotten himself a STD a few weeks before but only his mates knew) , everyone though i was brilliant , did a few more numbers ... while drinking the whole time , Stole a bar stool ( not bad but i have nicked a couch from a pub before , was only a 2 seater though) and set it up on grafton street and stood on it and sung for about 2 hours ... couldnt' understand the next moring why i could only whisper :p

When I'm really really drunk, I do the homer dance. This involves running around in a circle on the ground ala homer from a simpsons episode (when he was the president of the Union)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eyebrows

DrIndy wrote:
    When I'm drunk, I start climbing stuff......

QUOTE]

yeah I've got a habit of doing that. Kinda painfull the next morning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Two words: Robot Dance.
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

The Happy Dance

I think it may be from Rugrats, my little sister taught to me, and my mates make me do it when i'm pissed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

theCzar wrote:
    From what I recall, i suddenly become a debonair superman, incapable of doing anything wrong. Other people tell me otherwise, but i'm not going to take there word for it, they were drunk at the time.
    I could post up pictures at this point...but that would be mean! :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

LadyJ wrote:

Whip the shirt off over the head and start singing / screaming "lets get this party started". Amazing if you can get a few people doing it too, ... spreads like wildfire.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

well, mangina exhibitions aside, i did once eat a half a tub of sudo cream....on toast.

later that night....
    Ivan: "I'm goin to bed"
    *walks into room, closes door, *THUD**
    *brother & brother's friends walk in to inspect the source of the noise*
    Ivan: "I FELL!"
    *stands up, exposes self to brother and his friends*

what a night...thank you Mr Jagermeister!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i once actually thought i could fly(i even had my jumper as a cape) and no1 could disuade me"i don't have to prove i can fly to you"
    they havent let me forget about that one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

i do the quad stretch dance, and i think its incredibly sexy as i do it! (you know the one, grab your foot and hold it to your ass while kicking with the leg you're holding) its amazing that i can do that dance, but i cant stretch my quads in training...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

flap your other arm around and it's the chicken dance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Myth wrote:
    When I'm really really drunk, I do the homer dance. This involves running around in a circle on the ground ala homer from a simpsons episode (when he was the president of the Union)

Ha ha. I do that at work all the time. WHOOP WHUP WHUP WHUP WHOOOOOOOOOP WHUP WHUP!

I do partyboy from jackass and strip off and dance at ppl in gettin their post club grub. Havent done it in a while tho.

Always end up singing "Friends in low places" by garth brooks. Its like i go into a trance and block everything out and the lads know it, so when it looks like im goin into a drunken slumber someone usually whispers "blame it all on my roots....." and i shoot up and sing for all in the taxi rank/club queue/food queue etc etc. And if my buddy is with em then "its bohemian rapsody" complete with actions "mama....just killed a man" = lyin in a pool of water by the fountain on grand parade!

Most recent one is startin a conga train when that infectious "Road to amarillo" comes on!!

Advertisement