Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eh, need a little advice...

Options
  • 15-05-2005 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭

I'm house sitting for my parents, and looking after the dogs for them. Had a little incident with one of the dogs earlier.

Was messing around in the back yard with a hurley and some pebbles when one of the dogs, Ben, ran in front of me in mid swing and took the hurley to the side of the head. The hurley snapped in half, and Ben jumped on me to lick my face.

Ben is a big full grown pedigree Golden Retriever btw.

Now I checked him afterwards and he seems fine, no disorientation, no loose teeth etc. He's acting like nothing happened and is showing nothing but love towards me after it happened.

Now the dog was originally mine before I left for college 5 years ago, so the love and such is understandable.

What worries me is that he is showing no ill effects after getting a goalkeeper's hurley broken across his face...

Am considering taking him to the vet to be absolutely sure about it. Am I overreacting about this? I did hit him fairly hard, I didn't notice him there until the hurley shattered in my hands, eye on the ball and all that.

He seems totally normal afterwards though, which is making me confused. I'd expect at least some reaction to getting hit. Even though he isn't a very intelligent dog to begin with.

Vet or leave it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Take him to the vet, animals often have delayed reactions to damage, if nothing else it will set your mind at rest.

Advertisement