Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

colour coding bmw bumpers

Options
  • 15-05-2005 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

folks

rather than spending 350 odd euro getting this done from a stealer at a body shop, can i get a primer and some cans of spray paint and do my bumpers and mirrors the same metallic colour on the car?

or would i risk ruining everything??

its a 94 e36

cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

the fact that you are asking leads me to go with option #2!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

when you say 'stealer', are you referring to a BMW dealer or a paint shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Not being funny, but you're having a laugh if you consider €350 to be alot to have both sets of bumpers sprayed and blown in with the rest of your car.

Unless you are experienced, you will destroy your car if you spray it yourself. You may get away with spraying a set of mirrors or a small spoiler, but the bumpers are large panels, and every mistake you make will be visible.

Also, am not sure if the grey bumpers are designed to be sprayed - I think they're textured, but correct me if I'm wrong. Either way, I'd expect to pay a minimum of €500/600 or so to have this work done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

kdevitt wrote:
    ..... I think they're textured, but correct me if I'm wrong. Either way, I'd expect to pay a minimum of €500/600 or so to have this work done.

yes they are.

also X,
    you have to remember that your car is covered with clear coat which means that any straight paint touch up's (from the can ) will look matt.

Also r u going to spray plastic seals too ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

yer right folks, my beemer deserves more respect than some spray cans......!

sometimes im reckless :D

tks for the opinions

• Advertisement
Advertisement