Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silencer

Options
  • 15-05-2005 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

Recently just purchased a cz/brno 22wmr first time getting a rifle and was wondering how silent is a silencer and how expensive and easy/hard to fit are they

gun model is 452-2e-zkm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭jimbo 22

Fitted one to to .17 cz brono. First ull have to get a thread cut on yer barell that ll set u back about 40 - 60 euro and u can buy a standard off the shelf silencer for 40 euro. Bout 100 bucks all in and ull be sorted.

Major difference to the 17 of mine brought it down to a low velocity .22 dono much about a .22 wmr only theres a strong crack out of em. you should notice a big difference if you decide to go wit it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

I have a friend that can thread the barrell for free he's done it for people before and knows what he's at might take a trip up to griffin hawe and see if theres anything there can anyone recomend a dealer around the south that will give me a good deal im from kilkenny but dont mind a drive

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

My winchester's as noisy as hell,i'd be quite happy to pay the money to have somebody do it.Anybody out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Isn't it the case that some ranges will insist that the gun be "Re-proofed"
    if the barrell has been threaded for a silencer as an after market mod..?

Might be worthwhile checking up on this first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭mcguiver

I have the deluxe version (which comes threaded).
    The "sound modifier"...lets not use the silencer word eh!
    ...is very effective, very little noise, does't effect the accuracy etc. I think I spent about 60 euro on mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

can someone tell me what type of sound moderator i need to get

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

No sound moderator will work wonders on a 22 magnum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 1911

last one I got was the T16 but might be a bit on the big side for 22 magnum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

a sound mod will only be of any use with sub sonic ammo. If you use anything else the sonic crack from the bullet will not change (simple physics) anything moving at or faster then the speed of sound will produce a sonic boom.

you will have to rescope the rifle with the sound mod attached as some sound mods work by tapping off some of the hot gas and so decreasing bullet speed

Advertisement