Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish broad band upgrade speeds

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

thanks. a miricle just happened, my IBB speed just went from about a 512k connection speed back to the 1meg connection it should be , hope it lasts :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭HighlyCooL

gline wrote:
    i agree, in the 6-9 months i have had it it has never gone down and i have it on 24/7 (i have a server setup that is peranently connected), so in that sense they are good , but theyre conection speeds do go up and down like a yoyo sometimes and the throttling can be bad during buisness hours

on night ages ago i got 5 mg down but that was 3 or 4 in the morning. durning the day it is always slow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

HighlyCooL wrote:
    durning the day it is always slow

Thats because they often "throttle" connections during office hours to ensure business lines always get first priority. This results in res customers or people with ripwave in getting slowed down connections, depending on the demand for bandwidth. A lot of DSL companies do this also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

wow, i wish i got that now and again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

gline wrote:
    wow, i wish i got that now and again

my P2P s/w runs @ 100K~ but if i go and DL somethink off the net i still have the 100K~ extra k could also be the fact that since it got upgrded ive been transfering 6Gb a day but as follows:

00.00-08.00 unlimited DL 30upload
    08.00-18.00 8k down 4k up
    18.00-00.00 20k down 10k up

• Advertisement
Advertisement