Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

They're already Pushing the Season Ticket!!!

• 15-05-2005 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

I couldn't believe it today. I was watching the soccer coverage on Sky and during the break on comes the ad for Prem Plus for next season :eek: "Order your season ticket now" :mad:
    Its getting worse than the christmas ads in October. Surely this can't be right or am I just getting old and cranky :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

old and cranky ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

whats wrong that to be honest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

They have done that every year since the inception of the PPV games.

Got it the 1st time years ago wont get it since dunno somfin about those ppv games they usually ****.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

50 GBP or 70 EURO for 50 or 55 matches.
    Most of the "good" matches will be on SS1 anyway so you basically buying
    the chance to watch Wigan/Birmingham or Sunderland/Bolton or **** like that.
    All teams have to be on the ordinary SS1 at least twice before Christmas
    so you're really paying for about 4/5 matches out of the 50/55 that would be worth watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭SteM

I got the season ticket after Christmas this year - I think they discount it every season. Seems like a better idea to get it then until the end of the season where a lot of the games they show mean something and they'll have some sort of list of matches published.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

SteM wrote:
    I got the season ticket after Christmas this year - I think they discount it every season. Seems like a better idea to get it then until the end of the season where a lot of the games they show mean something and they'll have some sort of list of matches published.

ME too the season only hots up after Christmas.

BTW I agree Old and Cranky it is. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

SteM wrote:
    I got the season ticket after Christmas this year - I think they discount it every season.
    I did the same. I'm a liverpool fan and just after christmas they showed 3/4 liverpool matches within a month or six weeks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

The current sales tactic by Sky with Prem+ is nothing new. They will let this offer run til 5th June, then they will increase the price. Finally in early August they will once again offer the 'special' price with the deadline being the start of the season. If you miss the 5th June deadline, don't buy the increased price — just wait til early August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

seabee wrote:
    I did the same. I'm a liverpool fan and just after christmas they showed 3/4 liverpool matches within a month or six weeks :)

That's exactly why I bought it too, but I don't think I'll be shelling out for the full season. I might do the half season at Christmas again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

usually get it a few weeks into the season, i find its great you end up seeing alot of your teams matches against the smaller clubs i.e. arsenal vs bolton, man utd vs southampton that type of match, actually nearly every weekend its a game like this so its a good chance to cheer on the underdogs or support your own team, other times its arsenal v newcastle that type fixture and then maybe 5-10 matches a season are going to be two of the smaller teams against each other.

well worth the extra few quid anyway if you dont work on weekends and youve got **** all to do on saturdays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Seen nearly every liverpool game this year without the help of sky and their redicilous prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I just watch whatever prem plus games are good in the pub - far cheaper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

~Rebel~ wrote:
    I just watch whatever prem plus games are good in the pub - far cheaper!

It may seem that way but how much are spending in the pub ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Big Ears wrote:
    It may seem that way but how much are spending in the pub ?

fúck all, local is only next door to my house so i treat it like my living room, just pop in, maybe have a lucozade or else pint of water, head away at half time/end. totally relaxed in there, just chat away to the old men while watchin.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

The Muppet wrote:
    ME too the season only hots up after Christmas.

BTW I agree Old and Cranky it is. ;)

Totally off-topic, The Muppet, but I always wondered if your sig was intentionally self-defeating or an accidental incarnation of itself... :D

Advertisement