Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nct?

Options
  • 15-05-2005 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible to NCT a car before it is due, and if so, how farin advance? ie if I buy a car thats NCT'd till next January, could I get it NCT'd next week for two years?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

As far as I know you can NCT the car six months before the due date.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Not sure about details but in my experience the NCT would encourage peak sales cars (January and February) to be tested as early as October (3-4 months before it is due)

Something most people here know I'm sure, but a lot of people don't seem to be aware of is that the NEXT nct is due exactly 2 years after the previous due date, no matter what date the actual test took place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

If it's the cars first NCT then 6 months in advance; otherwise 3 months in advance.

hth,
    causal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Just to confirm the above:
    http://www.ncts.ie/faq.html - see point 6
    PLEASE NOTE: NCTS can issue your certificate up to six months early for a first time NCT and three months early for subsequent NCT tests. In other words, if your car was first registered in July and you are coming for your first NCT, you can have it tested up to 6 months early in January and your certificate will still expire on the anniversary of registration 2 years later. Your certificate is then valid for 2 years and 6 months

causal

Advertisement