Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Official Revolution Details out

Options
  • 16-05-2005 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?articleid=9594f668-5342-4b38-8eb1-d6bf479c4139&page=newsmain
    Big things to come in small package

Nintendo, the world leader in video game innovation, stated loud and clear that they are not to be overlooked in the next generation home console race with the revelation of several unique features of the company's next console system, code name Revolution, to key media outlets. According to the early information, Revolution will combine powerful technology and gaming-focused features in Nintendo's smallest home game console yet.

In its final form, Revolution will be about the thickness of three standard DVD cases and only slightly longer. The versatile Revolution will play either horizontally or vertically, allowing the user total flexibility in setting up a gaming session wherever they have a television.

Thanks to Nintendo's hardware development partners IBM and ATI, the small system will be packed with power that will enable it to wow players with its graphics. Nintendo's legions of loyal fans will be happy to learn that Revolution will be backward compatible, playing both Nintendo GameCube 8cm disks along with its own 12cm optical disks in the same self-loading media drive.

In the next generation, the addition of the Internet will be important to all consoles and particularly important to Nintendo. Revolution will be wireless Internet ready out of the box.

There's much more to Revolution that will be revealed over the coming months, but the combination of its compact size, wireless Internet, backward compatibility, quick start-up time and quiet, low-power operation add up to the start of a great game system. Get ready for the Nintendo Revolution in 2006!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

For a sizewise comparison...
    pre-e3-2005-revolutions-size-20050513005156453-000.jpg
    IGN's mockup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

For some reason I don't think IGN are doing too well.

Anyone else think we need like a next-gen forum? Its stupid discussing all this stuff in here, because its stuff that we'll be speculating on for months and months to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

no, no more bloody forums. We have enouh.

This is the games forum. This is where games and games-related issues are discussed. Next-gen consoles are games-related issues.

Discuss them here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

I actually think you have too many gaming forums. But yeah you're probably right.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Kazaanova wrote:
    For some reason I don't think IGN are doing too well.

Anyone else think we need like a next-gen forum? Its stupid discussing all this stuff in here, because its stuff that we'll be speculating on for months and months to come.

You've kinda answered your own question there...should there be a forum dedicated to stupid speculation? I think this, the rare individual game forum and the console forums would be enough... xbox, playstation and (the proposed) nintendo forum covers all gens, not just this one.

anyway, I'm interested to see what this whole revolution does, Nintendo did a great job of packing a powerful machine into a minute package so I dont see why such a small console will be any different, however they have said that graphics will not be the main thrust of the machine...
    It seems like it will be slightly bigger than a slimline ps2... which is amazing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

eh nintendo said it will be 3-4 times as powerful as the gamecube! i know power isnt the big thing about it but wtf!!!!!

but PS3 IS UGLY :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Nah I think it's quite nice. I want a white one.

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

ughhh that controller just looks stupid imo. and why cant they learn from the terribly positioned analog sticks.

Advertisement