Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modded Xbox

• 16-05-2005 9:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭

Ok I got my xbox modded and I'm having a few roblems transfering stuff onto the HD (180gig). I have a crossover cable, connecting it to my pc, using the FTP client on my pc and typing in the xboxes ip. Cannot connect. I'm entering the username and password as xbox and I've tried changing the xboxes ip address and still nothing.

Is there something I'm missing.

I've even tried connecting 2 xboxes together and nothing.

Also is there a way to hook up the xboxes HD to a normal pc. I know the Bios is different and when I tried it I could n't view the drive. This would save me using FTP.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Afaik no theres no way to just put the xboxs hd into your pc.

Have you set the xbox to use static ip?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

yep, i have the static ip set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

there are a few programs - i've never used any of them

fatexplorer HD_fatxbox

xboxhdm is a linux based boot disk http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=244043

edit: check out this link from xbox-scene http://www.xbox-scene.com/tools/tools.php?page=harddrive

as for the ftp - xbox to xbox doesnt' always work first time - pc to xbox should be fine - just maek sure you don't have a firewall blocking it - can you ping the ip you've assigned?

Nige

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Post up your xbox settings

Hyzepher

in work at the moment, but I'll write them donw and post them tomorrow.

I'm also getting a new HD for my mate who has his xbox chipped. How do I go about loading xecuter onto it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The easiest way would be to just use one of the auto installers like slayer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

I had this trouble last week when modding my xbox.

Set up your pcs NIC card as a pre-defined IP of something like 192.168.0.1 then in your xbox settings give it an ip of 192.168.0.2, make sure the gateway is set to your pc's ip and make sure the DNS entries are 0. Worked for me.

Also ensure that you are on the main modded dashboard to connect.

Also, are you connecting from the bios itself or have you managed to install a new dashboard? You didn't mention what dashboard you had?

If you are trying to conect from an installer like Slayers installer, you will have to manually edit the ini file in the ISO and then burn and use that.

cheers, I'll try that and if it doesn't work I'll be back with my settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jumbo

I had the same trouble with my x-box. For the first while I burnt all the stuff I wanted to copy to my x-box onto CD-RW - that worked fine as a workaround. I figured out how to connect using ethernet at the weekend and I think the reason I couldnt connect was that I was trying to conect to the FTP on Slayer's but for some reason my release of Slayer's doesnt save network settings so I couldnt set a static IP and make it stick. XBMC just uses Slayer's settings too so I couldnt connect to it either. After much cursing and wailing I eventually tried Avalaunch. You go into settings, set up your IP address and set it to static and it holds the settings. I was able to connect after that. Once I did that I was able to modify the Slayer's ini file to the n/w settings I wanted so I could access SLayer's (not much difference from Avalaunch) and XBMC (which provides a webserver which you can use to control your x-box - quite cool).
    Anyway, hope this is some help.

jumbo wrote:
    I had the same trouble with my x-box. For the first while I burnt all the stuff I wanted to copy to my x-box onto CD-RW - that worked fine as a workaround. I figured out how to connect using ethernet at the weekend and I think the reason I couldnt connect was that I was trying to conect to the FTP on Slayer's but for some reason my release of Slayer's doesnt save network settings so I couldnt set a static IP and make it stick. XBMC just uses Slayer's settings too so I couldnt connect to it either. After much cursing and wailing I eventually tried Avalaunch. You go into settings, set up your IP address and set it to static and it holds the settings. I was able to connect after that. Once I did that I was able to modify the Slayer's ini file to the n/w settings I wanted so I could access SLayer's (not much difference from Avalaunch) and XBMC (which provides a webserver which you can use to control your x-box - quite cool).
    Anyway, hope this is some help.

Ok, will prob resort to cdrw, but the thing is I don't have the option to copy files from the cd int he settings. It's there but I can't highlight it.

How do I go about loading programs onto the xbox??... and where can I get the programs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jumbo

sprinkles wrote:
    Ok, will prob resort to cdrw, but the thing is I don't have the option to copy files from the cd int he settings. It's there but I can't highlight it.

How do I go about loading programs onto the xbox??... and where can I get the programs.

Couldnt you just use one of the file managers? There's a few that come with Slayers. The simplest/nicest is probably the Avalaunch filemanager. To copy the files you put your source directory (under D: if its your CD-RW) in the left pane and your destination directory (f:\apps or something) in the right pane. You can then 'add to queue' all the files you want to transfer (through the menu that comes up when you press start, or the 'x' button I think) and when you've added all the files you can 'transfer queue' (again on the start-button menu). The whole adding-to-queues and transferring to copy files seems like a bit of an odd way to do things but it makes sense after a while. I think a lot of the x-box file-managers work like this. I think there should be a file-manager in slayers under 'system-settings', a few third-party file-managers under Avalaunch and I'm pretty sure some of the apps like that media-backup tool thing have built in file-managers.

As for getting software, I haven't wanted to install that much since most of the stuff I wanted was already on Slayers. I installed a c64 emulator (vice64X) and that was simply just a case of copying over the files. Roms for the various emulators can be found all over the internet - be aware that you must own originals of these games to legally download and play them on your xbox. There's a good bit of software on xbox-scene.com and if you install linux you can take your pick of stuff.

Advertisement