Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

99 reg Nissan Almera Timing Chain

Options
  • 16-05-2005 9:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

Has anyone ever had to replace the timing chain in the 99 reg Nissan Almera 1.4 petrol? If so at what mileage and what cost? My mate is currently looking at buying one with 74k on the clock and this will be a major deciding factor.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

ring a nissan dealer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭musician.ie

I called a dealer when I had 60k on mine, thinking it had a belt rather than a chain. Dealer said it was good for more than 100K. Anyone know how it compares to a belt in terms of the expense of replacing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Unless the chain is obviously noisey, you don't need to replace it, in most cases you never will. There should be a little noise from for about a second or two at startup and it should then go quiet. If it's any different, walk away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭the evil belly

there's 122k on the timing chain of my 96 almera, not a problem with it.

Advertisement