Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony 60" Rear Projection TV

Options
  • 16-05-2005 9:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

I saw this TV in the Sony centre and was blown away by the sheer size of it

http://www.sony.ie/ShowProduct.do?site=odw_en_IE&category=TVP+Rear+Projection+TV&product=KF-60SX300

Have seen it in action and the picture quaility is on a Par with my current CRT TV

I don't want the hassle of setting up a projecter system and I know that LCD/Plasma are probably better but I was wondering what people thought of this option.

What is it's lifespan etc, I know you have to replace the bulb in a projector, is this the same?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

How much is it?

The bulb will need replacing , but you should get a min of a couple of years out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Ciaran500 wrote:
    How much is it?

The bulb will need replacing , but you should get a min of a couple of years out of it.

It is about €5000, big bucks but man the size of it is so impressive

Must find out how much the bulbs cost

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

probably best to wait 2 years, hi def is coming from sky and i reakon good 42inch plasma with connectivity and stands will be 1800

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

For €5k I would at least expect Hi-Def. You would be much better going with a 50" Plasma/LCD that will be hi-def compliant.

Or you could go the projector route. We set ours up (a Sanyo Z3) for about €2500 inc. screen, dvd player and speakers, with a 100" screen.

Advertisement